Chapter 4

You woke up the next morning at 7:30 You had 30 minutes to get dressed and get to the rink. The morning skate wasn't until 11:00 but you as a trainer had to be there early to help out any players that needed help. You got there, parked your car and headed inside to discover that all your stuff had been washed and folded neatly in your stall. You got changed into your fresh clothes.

Not too long after you got changed the players began to arrive. Luckily no one needed therapy yet. A few of the players asked for you to lead them through a stretch before the morning skate and you happily obliged. After the stretched the boys went to get changed and you headed out to the bench to ensure that everything was ready.

After practice, all the players left and the staff prepared for their meeting. You finished cleaning up and headed to the meeting room and was greeted by the other trainers and the coach staff. "So today is a big day, it is our first game of the season and I need all of your help to ensure that it runs smoothly," head coach, Todd McLellan said. Everyone nodded in agreement. He then said, "Miss Y/L/N, can I speak with you for a moment." You heart immediately dropped. You were almost 100% positive that this had to do with Connor.

He waited until everyone else left before he said,"Miss Y/L/N, I wanted to talk to you today because normally we don't have field placements on the bench this soon but you have showed us a lot of promise and determination with being available to help the guys and the work you did to help rehabilitated Connor's ankle. I want you on the bench with the rest of the staff tonight. Congratulations, Miss Y/L/N."

"Thank you Mr. McLellan. You won't regret it," you said before heading downstairs to prepare for tonight.

You ate a quick meal before the players started to arrive. Connor was the first to arrive. He immediately came to find you when he arrived. His ankle was bothering him but he didn't want to tell coach that. You help him through a few exercises then taped it just for good measures and by the time he left 45 minutes later, he said that his ankle was feeling much better. Mr. McLellan walked into the trainer's room shortly after Connor left. "What's up with Connor. Is it his ankle again," he asked.

"Yeah, his ankle was bothering him. He seems fine now. We went through a few exercises but I taped it for good measures."

"Normally I would say that he should sit out tonight but I feel that you would know better if he is capable of it. So what's your verdict."

"I would say that he should be okay to play. I will also monitor him over the course of the game and let you know if anything changes."

"Sounds good Miss Y/L/N. I'm glad that we have you as an addition to our team."