Chap. 2 - Camp Half-What?

BEGINNING NOTE: My fandom friend helped me through this one. Most of the ideas are hers. She also plays a part in this chapter as Sophia, face-claim being Kelli Berglund. :D Enjoy!

"Amath, come on, we gotta go!" Ren pulled me forward with such force, I thought he'd break my wrist. I pulled my hand away and drew back a step.

"First, tell me what on Earth is going on!" I demanded, glaring at him.

"No time to explain! I'll tell you more when we get there! C'mon, she's calling for reinforcements!"

Sure enough, a loud screech cut through the air, and I finally allowed Ren to drag me off.

"There? Where's there?" I inquired along the way, tripping a few times. He ran much faster in his animal-hybrid-thing form.

"Camp Half-Blood!" He was still shouting, obviously very nervous. I wondered why, we were now far from the evil old lady neighbor.

"Camp Half.. what?!" I shouted back. I'd caught the word clearly, but it had stunned me.

"Blood.. you'll know when we get there!" He was breathing in quick, panicked breaths, and seemed to run faster by the second as if we were being chased down.

Very hesitantly, I looked over my shoulder. There was nothing behind us that I could see, and I guessed that was good.

A huge green hill laid dead ahead, a pine tree towering at the very top of it. I heard Ren breathe a sigh of relief, and mutter something that I somehow knew was Ancient Greek. 

It seemed like forever, but he finally dragged me up the hill. We hadn't yet reached the pine tree when I heard several screeches from afar. She had called for reinforcements, and they probably knew where we were headed. Ren tugged my wrist again, urging me from my daze. I felt ready to faint.

Just ahead, I caught sight of two columns.. at least, that's what they looked like from where I stood. The columns held a greeting sign, I think it was.. and at first, I thought my dyslexia was acting up. But, no. Much to my surprise, I was actually able to read it.

'Camp Half-Blood.'

Oh.

Blood.

That didn't sound too nice.

Half-Blood?

What..

Before I could process anything else, we passed through what Ren called the 'gates,' and my vision became blurred. I had no other choice but to let myself crumple to the ground. I must have hyperventilated. The last thing I heard was Ren shouting my name, and trying to drag me to my feet. But, it was too late. I was dead.

Or so I thought.

 I could have swore it was all a nightmare. It went by so fast, and was just so unreal, it had to be a dream. A terrible one. 

Quite unfortunately, it was real. With my luck.

I woke up in this huge room on a stretcher. When I looked around, I noticed even more people on stretchers. Wounded people, sick people, or people like me who were in a dead faint.

And they were all my age.

One, in particular, caught my eye. A boy maybe my age or a year older than me sat up on his stretcher nearby. His eyes were a light brown, and his hair was a long dark brown, reaching his shoulder blades. He wore a Camp Half-Blood T-shirt, and when I looked, everyone was. I hadn't realized that I was staring until Ren snapped me out of it.

"Hey. No staring." He laughed a little, looking down at me.

"Where.. where am I?" I tried to turn around and stand up, but it hurt. I winced in pain, and slowly sat back down on my stretcher.

"The infirmary. You were out for quite a while." He looked down at his feet - no, hooves, shuffling them around underneath him nervously. 

I glanced at the boy once more, before I was snapped out of it again by an unfamiliar voice.

"Are you Amathwen?" A girl about my age inquired, tilting her head to one side.

Her hair was a long light brown, with a few blonde streaks underneath. She was quite tall, if you asked me. But I was only an inch shorter, I'd say. I wouldn't let her underestimate me.

"How do you know that?" I arched an eyebrow, trying to be sassy, but it wasn't working. I was so confused.

"You talk in your sleep. I'm Sophia." She introduced with a grin, and held out her hand.

I didn't take it. I simply glared, mostly at Ren. "Explain to me what's going on."

Ren and Sophia exchanged looks, and she told me instead of Ren. "You know about the Greek gods, right?"

"Yeah, they're myths. So?"

"Are not!" Sophia almost-snapped. "How would you like it if in ten thousand years, someone called you a myth?"

She'd nailed me. I continued to listen.

".. anyway, you know that they come down and fall in love with mortals, right?"

I nodded. Mythology was probably the only class I'd paid attention to.

"And they have.. kids? Called demigods?" She slowed down from time-to-time as if I was buffering.

"Mmm-hmm," I nodded in reply, waiting for her to go on.

Sophia glanced at Ren again, then back at me. ".. surprise!"

".. oh, no way."

END NOTE: Ugh. Absolutely NOT my best work. And it's so short, too. :/ Sorry, guys. It's terrible and short. xD But still vote and comment for my sake. I'll admit, I hurried on this one. But the third chapter should be better. Because I'm adding in the Stoll Brothers, and Amathwen gets 'determined.' :D Chap. 3 should be up very soon!