Chapter 40- What is Within Us

Start from the beginning

***

Y/n's POV
Chokes and splutters. I wake up gasping. How..vivid... I let out a breath and look to my right. Bran was staring at the wall frowning. "What's wrong?" "Hmm? Nothing. Sorry." "For what? What's wrong?" He looks at his legs. "What?" "I feel ill." "Huh?" "Is it wrong to be afraid?" "Absolutely not." "are you just saying that?" "From what you've told me, your father was frightened when going to war for your Aunt Lyanna." He looks at me. "And he was certainly afraid of many things throughout his life. Being scared..it'll happen." I giggle. "He is probably scared of the white walkers." Bran looks down. "Is that what you're afraid of?" He nods. "How do we stop them?" "I don't know.." He seemed like a child in that moment. So innocent and helpless. I wrap my arms around him for a hug and he puts his gently on my waist. We stayed that way for a while until I sat more comfortably next to him. He leaned against my chest and I played with his hair. I listened to his ragged breathing for hours until we finally drifted off into a deep and worried sleep.

I open my eyes to see Robb standing in the doorway smiling. "Hello Bran. Y/n." "Hi!" Talisa says. I notice the weight she's gained. It's doing well for her. How long was she now? "What're you doing here?" I look over at Bran. I had been leaning against his head and him to mine. He looked exhausted and slightly irritated. His eyebrows furrowed like they did when he was stressed out. "I can't say hello to my younger brother?" Bran rolls his eyes and pulls me over. I watch him confused and he holds me still, leaning against me. I blush when I hear the chuckling of Robb in the background. "Is she your pillow Bran?" Bran doesn't look up, and makes but a growling sound. "How long are you Talisa?" "Just a few more months. Gods children grow fast. Look at Bran and Rickon! My child will grow just as quick you watch. Before I know it..gods." "He isn't even born yet love." Robb teases. "Well it hasn't been so long and look at me!" "You look beautiful." Bran grumbles at their mushiness but they pay him no attention. He presses his face into my neck. His hot breath makes me feel uncomfortable and vulnerable. "At least we don't do that." "I want to sleep." Bran mumbles. He presses his face into the crook of my neck and I blush at Robb's penetrating stare. He knows to much. That's what it told me. I was so confused. What to feel. Happy, sad, worry, fear.. It all came upon me at once. No matter how much I tried to push away the fear, it still came crawling back to me. I worried the most for Bran. I didn't want him to be hurt. Or worse. I know what the white walkers do. It isn't just a simple stab. The stab of one of their swords makes you feel like you're being torn apart. Bran groaned annoyed when Robb pushed his shoulder. He winked at me letting me know he was just playing. "I wish I could be as happy as you.." Robb looks back to me and his smile slowly disappears. "Well we deal with what we have. And what we have is this." He gestures to all of us. "This is what is important and what needs to be taken care of. The white walkers will come when they come. I have faith we can fight them. And Brans stronger than he believes." "I am a cripple." "The most powerful one I've ever met indeed. Not that I've met many. But Jon has. And Jon has seen you're strong. More powerful than any man who could walk." He turns to the door. "Talisa and I aren't going to stay in bed all day. She needs to eat for two. I can cover for you if you both need some time to..deal with what you have." He chuckles. "Robb.." Bran warns. "Oh don't tease him. We will see you both later! Be happy while you can. It is winter, but we have these hotsprings to keep us warm. No worries! Enjoy yourselves honestly, before you can't. You're married by the gods!!" Talisa gives me a hug and bran possessively pulls me back. She laughs and leaves good heartedly. "Can't we just stay here?" "We could yes." "Can we?" "Would it calm you down?" "Possibly.." "Maybe they're right though.." "I wish we could just..but I have more to worry of. You don't see father not working. He's always up to something to help Winterfell and protect it. He's Warden of the North. He fulfills his duties." I laugh. "And you. You're practically a god!!!" "Am I?" He laughs half-heartedly. "You are! You're strong. Stronger than I thought." I rub his chest. I take Talisa's advice and try to get him in the mood. "You didn't take me for strong Eh?" He teases. "Oh don't even!" I slap his chest. "I am trying to cheer you up!!!" "Well keep going then." I smirk. "I don't believe it's that hard to do it..you're happy enough yes?" "What do you me-oh gods!" I can't help but giggle to myself. His head is thrown back and he's whining softly in his attempts not to moan. What could I do that is different? "Am I feisty Bran?" "You?" He chokes out and looks up. "You're as great as Arya in sword fighting. You have a temper on you. You..you know what you do to me.." He blushes. "Do you like what I do to you?" "I don't think I can take it."