Chapter 22- Caress Part 1

A week went by quite quickly. Bran and i continued our normal intimate antics but never really went farther than leaving a hickey or two. It wasn't about being shy, it was more or less about being ready. We were both very young still. The wedding plans were easy to make and the elders were pleased with the progress we made. Tomorrow would be the wedding day. I got pre wedding scares, I had thought id have more time. Bran I hear from Jon, was freaking out because he feels like he will ruin it because he cannot stand. My dress was finished this morning. It was white wool, just like Bran suggested, and very very warm. It was thick, but it wasn't too thick. It fit my form even more than I was used to. My hair would be up tomorrow. I would wear a white fur cloak over the dress and black winter boots. Bran hadnt seen the dress and I did not intend for him to see so it stayed in Lady Stark's room. Theon ended up peering in the doorway. "Hey you." "Hey." I muttered. "What's the matter? Don't wanna get married?" He jokes. "Of course i do." I reply. "Im just nervous is all. You wouldn't know. You don't make commitments other than oh I don't know..sex!" "Uh huh. So why should that be something you have against me? You and I could...you know before you get all married and stuff." "Not on your very life greyjoy." "What? You're honestly in love with a cripple?" "Who cares if he's crippled??" Theon rolls his eyes. "Alright then. Hey I like Bran I do, but I think you could do better." "I couldn't do Better! He's the best there is. Now leave me be!" "Yeah sure think my lady. I can tell he's the "best"." He makes quotations with his fingers. "Your neck is as red as blood." I growl inwardly and watch him leave. It was always a taunt or flirt with him. I really have mixed feelings. Hate is a strong word...but I have strong feelings for theon. Negative or positive I wasn't sure, but they were strong alright. Talisa comes in next. "Hello y/n! Ready for your wedding? Lady Catelyn showed me your dress. It is absolutely beautiful. You'll look like a queen tomorrow!" She smiles. "Thanks.." I say. I wasn't sure what else to say. "Something wrong?" I don't respond. "Let me guess. Nerves?" I nod. "It literally happens to every woman before she gets married and it truly isn't anything to worry about. Honest." She smiles warmly. "The only thing I'd worry about is the night. Are you having a bedding ceremony?" "I don't think so.." "Would you be completely humiliated if I tried to prepare you some?" I thought about it. "...no." "Alright." She sits on the edge of my bed. "If I know anything about men, is that they love to touch. They live to touch you. So if he grabs you, don't be scared. Just touch him back. Try to just take deep breaths and let it happen." I feel fear bubble up inside me. Not because he might "grab me" but more because I had been so worried about the actual ceremony, that I hadn't thought much about my night with Bran.  So quickly I will lose all of my innocence. Maybe I shouldn't see it that way. I did want it just...I wasn't sure how. "Another tip. Robb and I actually talked about it." She laughs awkwardly. "Only because he's a cripple and all. You realize where you'll be i imagine. But robb told me, and I agree, this doesn't necessarily mean you are in control. Do you understand? You could be, but prepare yourself if he tries to take over. Robb loves to dominate between you and me. No matter where I am positioned he is strong enough to become the leader. Because he's a man." I nod. That excited me a bit. "Bran is young. He is crippled. But only his legs are y/n. His hands aren't, his eyes aren't, his arms aren't. I've seen what that boy can do. He used to climb I was told? That takes more than leg strength. It takes upper arm strength. Robb even said he's stronger than most would think. No matter who thin and boney he may SEEM." Why was she telling me this? She almost made me feel worried like I was missing something important here. "You'll be just fine though. Just enjoy yourself and don't freak out. Just focus on him, focus and love him. Don't pay attention to the fact that it is happening or it'll ruin it for you." "Thank you Talisa." She smiles. "They're setting out the roses now even you know. It's beautiful. They made the path for you. Nice lanterns and stones to mark the sides. Everyone will stand on the outsides of the stones...and they're cooking up a storm! I walked by the kitchens and it smells heavenly there." I smile. The ceremony was supposedly going to go by quick. Much faster than the reception. But that would go fast too as Catelyn had informed me. I had many words of wisdom from married ladies around Winterfell for the past week. It seems ages ago that I was sitting in the woods with Bran, surrounded by the Others. "You need to rest. It's important for you to look well rested. Alright? Get to bed early. A handmaiden will come by for you in the morning to feed you breakfast, and then me and Lady Stark will bring you to a room to get ready." She hugs me and leaves. I struggle out of my dress and crawl into my bed in my small clothes. I felt cold. Winter was creeping closer and closer by day, and it was becoming colder and colder. The sun didn't heat us anymore. My face felt chilled even if I faced the open sky. Small flakes flurried around outside my window. The dying fire and candlelight were my only light source. I worried more about my Direwolf and weather she was managing to keep warm. I pulled her from her spot on my furs and brought her underneath the covers, mostly on my pillow. She had grown quickly. She was about half and one the length of my forearm. Her fur warmed my face a bit. I found myself wishing I had Bran's furs around me to keep me warm. His scent alone on them would keep me warm. I further decided that I wish he was just in my bed with me, keeping me warm. His brown hair brushing against my face and his warm steady breaths on my neck. His bed was much more comfortable. Was it the room? Or was it him? The hotsprings were supposedly warmer on that side. Lord Stark wanted his room to be warm for Catelyn since she had married him, and at the time wasn't used to the cold. I hoped to get to know Bran further, for not much more reason than to feel closer to him. I bet his fireplace is crackling and warm. Id break a sweat in his hot room, covered in furs and his arms. His direwolf would lay on us both and mine too. I blush and feel my chest flutter thinking of spending every night in his bed, warm and safe. Then my mind wandered to tomorrow night. Tangled within him, surely warm, surely content. I felt safe here, to freely think of my own ideas; what may happen. Blizzards wet nose pressed against my cheek as I fell asleep. Feeling warm and content was the best way to fall asleep.
The next morning I woke to a knock on my door. "Hey y/n. It's me Jon." I rub my blurry eyes a bit trying to see clearly. I see Jon looking behind him, probably for Catelyn. He turns back and smiles. "Did you sleep well?" "Get in here before you're seen you idiot." I mumble groggily. He softly shuts the door and faces me. "Are you going to walk me down today?" "Oh..I don't know..you didn't have anyone else?" "I want you to." "You want ME to?...a-alright.." He tried to hide the delight behind his eyes. I forget our ages. He wasn't that old. Robb neither. Such an easy thing to forget. The door opens. "Oh!" It was only a handmaiden, but Jon jumped like he was about to be attacked. He backed up. "Lady y/n..." She says not looking away from Jon Snow. "I have your breakfast my lady!" She checks out Jon as I drink a bit of the coffee. It was slightly bitter, as northern coffee seemed to be, but I enjoyed black so it was alright with me. There were two buttered slices of toast with a red jam on top. I had my own plate of sausage and bacon and a small pie with a freshwater fish and mutton with a loaf of warm bread. This came with some warm milk from the cows outside which tasted thick and fresh. Jon watched me eat uncomfortably. I enjoyed it but tried to hurry for his benefit. The handmaiden took my tray and said something about a bath with rose water and my hair. I paid no attention considering I was focused on the eyes she was giving Jon. And he didn't think anyone would dare like him. I chuckle. "She fancies you Jon." "She does not." "Does too!" "Then she must be delusional!" "You're crazy! You're an attractive lad now go put yourself out there. Girls will crawl for you." "For a bastard?" He snorts. "Of the ancient Starks? An attractive young one at that? Absolutely. I bet you even the wildling girls would fancy you, just ask Osha!" "Sure sure..." He sounded like he wanted to believe me. "Well I'll come for you, I hope Lady Stark will not be angry with me...thank you for the honor y/n." "Of course!" I hug Jon. "You're like a brother to me. And you truly will be after this." I peck his cheek and smile. "Now go find that handmaiden. If I find you don't oh you're in trouble. Im marrying a warg. I'll find a way to get you back." He laughs lightly before leaving. Yet another visitor opens my door. Hodor pokes his head in and giggles. "Hey Hodor." I giggle. "Hodor!" He grins sheepishly. He opens the door and brings Bran to my bedside and lays him down. "Hi." He smiles. "They're going to make us get ready for the entire day so..I wanted to see you first." He strokes Blizzards back. I smile and gaze at him. "How are you feeling?" "I'm great! Yourself?" "A bit nervous.." He blushes. "Are you sure you don't mind that.." He sighs and fiddles with his fingers." I drag him to me by his cloak. "Listen. You hear? I shan't hear another word of this. I don't care that you're crippled Brandon. I don't mind how we do this, I just want to marry you. Please just let me marry you and stop worrying. I think very highly of you if you didn't know already. Id never think any lower. This doesn't change anything it'll be a wonderful memory that will be very normal for me. I've always wanted this so I hadn't seen it any other way, understand?" He nods and his eyes look down at my lips. "If I refrain..it'll be better later..that's what Robb says." I smile and kiss his jaw. He blushes and smiles at me. I stare into his bright brown eyes and run my hand through his hair. He trimmed it nicely. It almost reached his shoulders. It looked nice. "Well, I must get ready too. Takes longer since I need to be helped damn me. And I still have to go to the Godswood. I'll see you soon?" "Absolutely." I smile. "Just like his father." Lady Stark walks in smiling. "Always praying at the godswood before something important." She smiles. "Faithful and not just to the gods. Im glad this worked Out. You two. You two are rightful for each other, not for anyone else. A blind man could see it." She smiled. "Hurry on Bran." She ruffles her son's hair lovingly. "Y/n we have a bath for you. Best get to it before it runs cold. It's warm now." I nod and watch Hodor lift Bran carefully. Bran was blushing. He eyes me and smirks as his leaves and I feel my face go bright red, remembering how he saw me. And I remember how I saw him. Wish I saw more... I think. As he leaves Catelyn kindly brings me to the room with all of the other ladies helping me out today. This consisted of 2 handmaidens, Cat of course, Sansa, Arya, Talisa, and even Meera. I half expected Osha to be here, but she was probably supervising the little perv who was probably peeping on poor unsuspecting Shireen. There was a few sofas and a nice bureau with a mirror and such around. Everyone was sitting down and drinking some sort of fizzy drink. "Come." Talisa said. Sansa smiles. "We're going to make you beautiful y/n." Arya smacks her. "Ow!" "She's already beautiful!" She hisses. I shake my head. I am not a prude but I wasn't fond of showing my body around. But this would be my family. I could trust them, and feel comfortable enough. One of the handmaidens helped me undress while the other pinned up my hair. The water even had some blood red rose petals in it, and the water was a dusty pink. I seeped in and tried to soothe my muscles. Sansa was doing Arya's hair at the bureau and Catelyn was setting out her daughters' dresses. I see her bring mine out as well, and Talisa admired it. Meera walks over to me. "You're not alone. Id feel awkward too just stripping in front of people." She rolls her eyes and I laugh. "You understand my pain." "Ohhh yah!" She says. I crack my neck loudly and sigh. I self consciously look around to make sure no one Is watching me. Meera, in her own furs, played with something in her hands. "Bran was talking to me for an entire hour last night about you. How can someone talk for an hour straight.." She muses. "He really loves Ya." She smiles and looks up at me from her spot, seated next to the bath. I smile and feel as if I am blushing. "He's infatuated. It's the best word to describe it. Before the screams and sobs of the long night come, enjoy him. I blush but more than that worry for the winter coming.

I soon leave the bath before my hands prune. Only the handmaidens face me and I appreciate the respect the other ladies have. After I was dried off, I noticed how my skin looked so pale. I stood in my small clothes, staring at the mirror. Lady Stark came up behind me. "Why the frown?" "I look so pale." "You're a northerner. Do you expect to be tan?" Arya remarks. She flanks me. "Let's get you in this dress here. Id rather see it on you than hanging up uselessly." They help me into the dress and tie the strings in the back. It felt like it hugged my waist, but it wasn't squeezing too hard. It was comfortable. "Do you want your hair up or down?" A handmaiden asks. "I have a choice?" I ask. "Of course you do! It's you're wedding day!!" Sansa seemed so bewildered. "Down please?" "Oh! With a jeweled clip too. It'd look rather nice no?" I smile as the girls fix my hair. They twist small amounts of my hair so it dries a bit more wavier in smaller sections than the larger sections as usual. The top layer of my hair was pulled back and clipped with a sapphire jeweled pin. "You should take that off before anything dear." I nod. I appreciate the guidance Lady Stark has provided for me throughout this. Arya helps me with my cloak and Talisa makes sure it doesn't mess up my hair. "You look like one of the queens in the north. You know, the ladies of the Kings from ancient times of the first men. Starks lived way back then." "Yes just ask Bran. He met one of the children." "He did?? I didn't know this!" Arya stared at Meera as if asking why her brother would do such a betrayal of not cluing her in on this. I smile listening to the whole bit. The hand maidens help me lace up my black winter boots. They were leather on the outside with buckles to make them look slightly more feminine than a male's boots. The insides had sheep fur for warmth. "So Bran got you a direwolf.." Cat remarks. "Yes my lady." "He's always trouble. Always. I should've know he'd get you one. she looks to be not much more than a pup. You may let her roam the castle if you wish. I haven't seen her much since you brought her back to Winterfell." I smile. "I'll be sure to take care of her. She won't cause you any trouble Lady Stark." She smiles. "I know dear." Her smile is motherly and kind. It makes me feel warm and comfortable. Safe. She made me feel welcome. Dare I say the look in her eyes when she addresses me is almost the same as when she looks at her children. And I can tell very clearly that she loves her children unconditionally. She absolutely adores them. I hope I'll love my children just as much. "Sansa. Arya. Get dressed." They leave my sides to grab their dresses. "Must i-" "be quick about it Arya!" Arya grumbles to herself and makes a few side glares at her mother. We hear scratching at the door. "It's Nymeria!" Arya replies and struggles to fix her dress. "Let her in!" Talisa smiles to herself and helps Arya. "Absolutely not! We cannot allow the direwolves near Y/n." "Why?!" "They like her too much." Cat smiles in my direction briefly. "You see them. They're always tackling her. That isn't okay. Brides are to be worshiped not tackles by wild animals. This is her day. Leave the beasts and keep them away from her. Do you understand?" "You know you love the wolves. Don't try to hide it mother." Arya smirks. "I still don't wish for this dress to be ruined. We worked very hard on it. You wouldn't want to mess up this beauty." She gestures towards me. I smile appreciatively. We hear a knock. "It's Robb. May I come in?" "Go now. Thank you. Let my son in as well." The handmaidens nod and carry the tub away and open the door for Robb. "Y/n!" He smiles. "You look beautiful. Bran will faint on the spot I bet you." Talisa smiles with him as he sides her and wraps an arm around her waist. I feel like they're so much older than i. I thank him shyly and stare into the mirror some more. "Here." Meera says. "They told me to give these to you." They were white gloves. "Don't want to freeze your fingers." I laugh. "Yah that wouldn't be very ideal now would it?" She smirks. "I'll be back. Im going to see Bran. I Have his gloves too." She waves a pair of black leather gloves at me and leaves. "Alright. Do not make her change. Meera hates dresses perhaps more than Arya." Arya starts to protest. "Uh uh uh.. You're my daughter and I say you must wear a dress and you MUST." Arya scowls and glares something awful at her mother. "If it doesn't bother you, she needn't wear one." I nod at Talisa. She and Catelyn were dressed before I came in. lady Stark has probably had enough attention revolved around her for a lifetime. dressing in peace was a luxury. I don't blame her.