THE ESPERATIUS: Chapter 1 - Part 2

Section 1.

. . .

He was cornered.

The men he had planned on ruining had outsmarted him, which wasn't terribly hard to do. In Al's arrogance, he relied too heavily on his esper ability, and because of that, he was now trapped between a rock and many men with many weapons.

Just another day in the life of a thug.

"Hey, so, you got me fair and square. Can't we just let bygones be bygones?" Al laughed dryly as he backed up against the wall of the alley. 

The men took two steps forward in response.

"And let you run away unharmed, little rat? Yeah that's a real fuckin' genius idea," came their leaders response, slamming his large spiked bat against his palm to assert his authority. Common thug gangs like his were always looking for ways to show their dominion over their particular sector, and this was not breaking any molds. 

"Awh, c'mon! I let you guys win anyways; show a little appreciation," Al said, neglecting to realize how stupid what he had just said was.

The men actually paused at the response, and everybody began to laugh.

Except for their leader.

"You're a real fuckin' retard, ain't ya? You're gonna turn around and tell me, me, Charlie, leader of the Gas Giants, that you let us win?" 

Al shrugged, saying smoothly: "Eh, pretty much."

Charlie just let his arms go limp in an 'I give up' sort of manner, turning around to face his men. 

"Real goddamn champ right here," Charlie said, pointing his thumb over his shoulder at Al. In response, his men laughed harder, and prompted Al to huff in annoyance.

"I guess I gotta go and teach this chump how to properly treat superiority!" Charlie yelled out as he swung his spiked bat right at Al's stomach.

That was when blood splattered across his shirt, and a bright blueish-white shard came into view.

                                                                                       Section 2.

. . .

It was October 20th, ten minutes before Albert was attacked.

Police forces were scrambling to the location of the explosion, sending wave after wave of law enforcement officers to the scene. 

Along with this, they sent their best esper to help.

Cyri Schmoker.

"Why did I have to be called out for some petty criminal investigation?"

Sitting in the back of a large law enforcement ATV, a woman, who looked barely past her teen years with long blonde hair tied back into a roll-up bun with green eyes and a SWAT uniform spoke up. She looked annoyed at her current predicament, which was being crammed into a small space with more than half a dozen men all outfitted the same way.

"They managed to cause an extremely violent explosion. We suspect an esper might be involved," one officer said, looking over the report. 

It spoke of the explosion being quite severe, and having blown multiple windows out. All the gas in the station that wasn't annihilated instantly was stolen.

"And you're telling me they couldn't send some AntiEsper Peacekeepers?"

"I'm afraid not, ma'am. They deemed the threat 'too insignificant'," said the officer, dropping the clipboard onto the floor whilst leaning back. He himself had a buzz cut brown hair and brown eyes, and had a rather prominent chin.