Bit of flesh

My mother, Helen, she sat there quietly completely ignoring my question. "Mom" i say continuously until she finally answers in a stubborn tone, "what feline! I cant think straight just give me a minute" she said and pulled over and got out of the car and began smoking on a cig.

"Feline i'm gonna run into the drug store real quick for some pain medication stay in the car and lock the doors" she said while smashing the cig into the grass with her shoe and began walking to the entrance of the drug store and walked in.

I locked the doors and grabbed my phone and began to call my friend Beth but she wouldn't answer so i just growled and leaned back in the seat. I looked up to see my mother running back to the car with a man walking behind her very quickly, he was moaning and growling and he dragged his weight, i quickly unlocked the door and she hooped into the car and started the engine quickly and sped away.

"Did he need directions? Drugs?" I say as a joke and she looks at me as she catches her breath, "he was going to kill me! Take a bit of flesh at least" she growled and began speeding down the intersection, i notice no cars were on our lane, a sign we passed said "welcome to Atlanta!" In bright yellow letters, the streets were scattered with blood and trash, it looked like the end of the world.

We came to a stop when a light post had fallen and blocked our way through, i put my bag on my back and so did my mother and we began walking slowly and my mother looked around nervously and she was clearly agitated.

"Feline, what percent is your phone on" she said and continued to look around nervously. "Fifty-six" i say and she looks at me and holds her hand out, i knew that she needed the phone so i handed it over quickly. She dialed 911 but there was no answer, only a operator. "There are no units available at the moment, forgive us" it stated continuously until she hung up the phone and handed it back to me.