Chapter Two : Alone

Start from the beginning

"My god." The figure said as another person walking in the room.

"Holy motherfu-"

"Language!" The first hissed at the second. They shared a look and the first shrugged his shoulders

 They shared a look and the first shrugged his shoulders

The first guy came closer in front of me

The first guy came closer in front of me. I shuffled away a little fixing my eyes on them.

"My names Steve. This is my friend Bucky. Look we don't have much time but we can get you out of here." He said quickly. I looked between the two of them wondering if it all sounded too good to be true. His friend seemed to notice and came to crouch in front of me. He had piercing blue eyes and short brown hair. My spine straightened.

"I know you're scared...but we're trying to help." He said offering me a hand. I looked between his hand and his eyes. In my years here I had looked into many eyes. Distrustful ones. Frightening ones. But never honest eyes. I shakily placed my pale, cold hand into his warm one. He helped me up and ushered me out the door, but my legs buckled. I was too weak to even try and make three feet. The man caught me under my arms and steadied me.

"Steve, I can't carry her with these wings. They're to big." He said hold onto me with a firm grip.

"I..I can help." I said putting a hand against the wall. I concentrated on my wings folding into my back. The pain was excruciating but I continued. I cried out and tears trickled down my cheeks as my wings molded into my back and became what looked like tattoos to anyone else.

"Ok that works." Steve said. Bucky put an arm at my back and under my legs and lifted me up. He was surprisingly strong. I held on for dear life as they ran...and think I nearly blacked out a few times. We went up flight, after flight of stairs before a clear voice rang out.

"Captain America! How exciting! I'm a great fan of your films. So Dr. Erskine managed it after all. Not exactly an improvement, but still impressive." It was Schmidt. Johann Schmidt. One name at the top of my 'need to kill' list. He was a murderous damned bastard. I watched him taunt Steve and it looked like it was working. Steve punched him square in the cheek. He started back holding his wounded face. I could see the corner of his eye peeling away and I knew what was coming.

"You've got no idea" Steve said. I climbed down from Bucky's arms and steadied myself on the railing. My legs hurt like hell but I could hold my weight alright.

"Ah my little angel." Schmidt cooed at me.

"I believe you have something that belongs to me." He said to Steve.

"Hand her over." He held a hand to Bucky.

"If you think you're coming anywhere near her, you're mistaken." Bucky said pushing me behind him. It felt nice to have someone stand up for me at last.

"Then you will die together. How fitting. You were always the fail experiment Aliferous." Schmidt chuckled, an evil grin plastered on his face.

He went to hit Steve, but missed and punching a dent in his shield instead. They fought until the metal bridge began to separate pulling the men away from each other.

"No matter what lies Erskine told you, you see I was his greatest success!" He started peeling off his skin on his head and ridding himself of the facade. The red skull.

"You can't do that, can you?" Bucky asked me. I had to do a double take on that wondering if I had heard him wrong.

"No. At least I really hope not." I said standing away from the railing. My legs felt slightly stronger, but the pain was still there.

"You pretend to be a simple soldier, but in reality, you are just afraid to admit that we have left humanity behind! Unlike you, I embrace it proudly! Without fear!" Schmidt said walking to the elevator with his little henchman.

"Then why are you running?" Steve's voice rang out clear as a bell but Schmidt never uttered a word back to him. Probably because he knew Steve was right. Explosions went off all around us and the heat was starting to become unbearable.

"Come on. Up?" Steve said running up some stairs. Bucky and I followed behind. When we reached the railing I could see a metal beam. Did he want us to cross that? It looked like it could break at any second.

"OK one at a time." Steve said ushering me to the edge.

"No. I've got a better idea. " I said. My wing stated to unfold from there markings, completely healed.

 My wing stated to unfold from there markings, completely healed

I climb up onto the railing spreading them

I climb up onto the railing spreading them. The black feathers shimmered in the fire light.

"Are you sure you can make that?" I heard Bucky say bedside me.

"Well no time like the present to find out." I said getting a running start and leapt from the railing. In one swift flap I glided to the other side. It wasn't graceful by any means but I landed more or less. I turned waiting for Bucky and Steve to cross. Bucky was first. But the beam groaned under the slight movement of Bucky's feet. He ran for only just managing to hang on as the beam fell into the flames. I helped him over looking to Steve how was he going to get across?

"There's gotta be a rope or something!" Bucky shouted to Steve.

"Look both of you just get out of here." Steve said waving his arm to the exit.

"NO! NOT WITHOUT YOU!" Bucky shouted back.

I could see Steve mumble to himself before he bent back the railing and took a few steps back. Oh no. He wasn't going to jump was he. Idiot!
.

.

.

A/n Hey guys chapter 2 up 😊 hope you like it.
Let new know what you think in the comments and please give a vote😘 xxx

R.Wendigo xxx

𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘 || 𝕵𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖓 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖘On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara