Chapter Two : Alone

Warriors - Imagine Dragons
                                       ~
          "You'd lay, awake at night and scheme,
      Of all the things that you would change,
                    but it was just a dream."

__________________________________________

I can hear water dripping down the walls...or is it blood? Something wet on my cheeks...was it tears? My hair clings to my face like little threads. My lungs beg for fresh air. I didn't open my eyes. There's no light anyway. How did I end up so...lonely? Where are my friends and family? Did I ever have any? I don't wish I had. No one should have to cry for their loss of me.

Right on the dot a tray of bread and water is slid under the door. They don't dare come in. They're too scared of what they created. It's just close enough for me to reach. My wings are pinned to the wall with knives so I can't retract them and escape. Of course I've tried in the past but it was futile. My feathered limbs seem to be the only real notion of my past. I wonder who I was back then. The chains around my wrists felt heavier than ever.
I ate my stale bread and drank the water. At least it was clean. As I pushed the tray over to the door and it made 'clunk' sound. A little door was lifted and the tray was taken away. The briefest amount of sunlight snuck through the gap. It was enough to give me the tiniest ray of hope. My green eyes squinted at the brightness before I was plunged into darkness again.

I could hear shouting coming from down the hall. Usually this was normal. A few prisoners might get a bit rowdy, but something was wrong. The soldier were shouting 'more weapons' or something. I didn't really understand the language.

That's one thing they couldn't drill into me.

Suddenly the door was opened and a guard ran in closing the door behind him. Something was very wrong. A light shone from his hand and I could see a torch. He turned around looking a little startled when he saw me.

"Ah project A. You will protect me won't you." He said, briskly walking over to the knives in my wings. I kept a nonchalant look, not really sure of what was going on. He pulled out the first two knives and my left wing feel to the floor. He scurried towards my right wing and pulled the rest of the knives out. He then undid the shackles that bound my wrists.

"Vell, get up. UP!" He walk over to me kicking my leg with his boot.

"Du hättest das nicht tun sollen." I said looking up to him bearing my fangs. He looked at me startled and stuttered out.

"Vhat!" He said coming closer.

"I said, you shouldn't have done that." His eyes widened before I pulled him down by his legs and wrapped the chains around his neck. He thrashed and kicked out scrambling for air but it was no use. They trained me to kill. So I trained to kill them. The ones who hurt and tortured me would all pay eventually. The ones who ripped hundreds of lives apart. But for what? For power!

The door was suddenly opened and I unwrapped the chains from the soldiers neck. I kicked his body so hard it went flying out the door and hit the wall limply on the other side.

"Ok...I vote you go in first." I heard an American voice say. Who the hell was that?

"What! Fine, but back me up." Another voice said and the light that was currently blinding me was cut off. A shadow hovered over me and I dared a glance up. A blue suit was the first thing I noticed. I fell to the floor out of exhaustion.