Chapter 4: Quest.

Luna was jolted awake. It was still dark out, Gin was standing over her distressed. "You know about healing and junk right?"

Luna rubbed her eyes and let out a drowsy yawn, "Mhm, whats wrong is someone hurt?" 

Gin's eyes lost their hazel shine, "Leader is acting up, he says hes fine but I know he isn't. Please can you help him? We have a raid coming up and I need him in top condition." 

Luna sat up and kicked off her covers, "I need to get some herbs, I'll be right back." Gin dipped his head and opened her tent's flap. Luna grabbed the bag Kyro had given her and walked out into the forest.

When she was deep enough in the forest she scanned for any useful herbs. A patch of horsetail caught her eyes, "With this and some moss it should clean the wound." She kept searching and found an almond tree, "Perfect, almonds are great pain killers."

She flew up and picked a few of the nuts from the blossoms. She tucked away the plants safely in her bag then started flying for the river. Luna looked around cautiously, she didn't want to be attacked out in the open. She saw the clump of moss and reached for it. 

"What are you doing out here."

Luna jumped and nearly fell into the river. She felt something get a firm grip on her scruff and haul her back. Her tail bristled and she turned around and stared blankly, "Hey Kyro, good night for a walk huh?"

Kyro didn't look amused, "I didn't give you permission to leave camp. Did your leg start hurting again?" 

He dropped me on my feet. I noticed his breathing was getting heavier than before. I took a step closer to him, "Kyro that wound on your chest is going to get infected, let me treat it."

Kyro wrinkled his nose, "Thats why you came out here and nearly got yourself killed?" 

The princess shook her head, "I would have been fine if you didn't sneak up on me like that. Just let me look at the wound, five seconds and I'll decide if its fine or not." She muttered reaching for him.

The leader took a step back, "It's my body and I say I'm fine." He argued. 

"If it's fine then give me proof!" Luna growled.

He ignored her and just spun around and started walking back to camp.  Luna let out a whimper but quit arguing, "Some things never change with you, you always refused help."

Luna was fixed on his tail as it swished back and forth. One of his ears flickered and he turned around, "I don't want you leaving camp at all unless you have my permission."

"Why? We're friends don't you trust me not to run away?" 

Kyro shook his head, "I know you won't run away. I'm just scared that you'll get attacked when I'm not near. I feel responsible for you now, I'm responsible for all of my clan members."

Luna scampered faster to catch up with him, "What if I got better with the dagger, what if I prove I can take care of myself."

Kyro laughed, "Nice try princess, I'll keep you safe you don't need to get stronger." 

Luna twitched her ear irritated, "I want to learn how to fight, I don't want to sit around camp being worthless. You said I could be a healer, yet you won't even let me heal you."

The male stopped and ran a hand over his hair. He let out a long sigh, "If I let you look at my wound will you chill about teaching you to fight crap?"

Luna gave a slight nod, "Yesh." 

"Fine come to my tent, you can treat it there." He sighed, "Don't poison me." She smacked him on the back of the head with a wing, "Jeez I'm not that bad at healing, my leg doesn't even hurt anymore."