Move

15. Thursday

I can't believe this . I'm actually moving . My house , my memories , my whole life , this was all I had left . Now it's gone , just like everything else that was important in my life .

Jake comes and picks me up , I've said my goodbyes to the house and packed up all the boxes I need and got rid of the rest . This is what they mean by literally living out of a suitcase . I'm a bit unsure of why I agreed to Jakes offer but like he said , I didn't have much choice . Kate was now out of the hospital and as soon as I told her where I would stay , she freaked out and offered me a room at her house but it was small, I would have to share the box room with her and I didn't want to put her family out .

As soon as we arrive , Jakes mother rushes and hugs me like we're old friends .

" Emily , how have you been . I'm so sorry . "

" Hi Mrs Cole , I'm fine and it's ok , there was nothing anyone could do about the eviction . "

" Well you're welcome to stay at our house for as long as you like " she said , Jake nodding his head in agreement .

" Thank you so much , you're so nice to me " I said a tear escaping my eye . I wiped it away quickly before she could notice .

" Jake show her to her room , Emily I've put some nice things in there for you . A dresser and a wardrobe and please , make yourself at home "

" Thank you " I say following Jake up the stairs and into my new room . It was just like I remembered but like Jakes mom said , there was a wardrobe and a dresser in there too .

After Jake showed me my room he left and went into his room whilst I unpacked and put everything in my new room . It was amazing . Even better than my old room at home , well , my old home . This was my new home now , at least for the foreseeable future so I needed to get used to it .

Once I had done unpacking , it didn't take too long because like I said earlier - I was living out of a suitcase , I went down to have dinner . It was lovely , we had lasagne then ice cream for desert . They all went into the living room to watch television and told me to come and join them . They all squashed onto the 3 seater settee and I sat on the comfortable chair in the corner , laughing along with them and feeling better than I had for a long time . How lucky am I , I think . I suddenly burst out crying and they all look at me . I try to wipe the tears away and apologise for the outburst but Jake comes over and says " Come on , I'll get you to bed "

He leads me upstairs and tucks me into bed , I was crying less now . He then got in with me and lay behind me , comforting me as I drifted off to sleep . The last thought that crossed my mind , I love this boy so much it hurts .