Girlfriend vs Best Friend

Request by @summershinefoever. Thank you :) 

You and Niall had been best friends for a while and over time, you grew even closer. Even through all the travelling and world tours he did, you still remained close but there was another girl close to him, his girlfriend.

For some reason, his girlfriend had always hated you, since the day you met. Maybe she was jealous, maybe she just didn't like you. You never let it bother you though. The only thing was that Niall didn't know how rude she was to you because she only ever did it when he wasn't around.

-

You were at the boys' concert and you were on your way backstage to the dressing room. Obviously, the boys were performing and it was nearing the end so you decided to go back to the room, awaiting their arrival. It was just you and H/GF/N in the room, making it slightly awkward.

"Look who it is, the mighty, mighty Y/N." She says as you enter the room.

"Hi." You say, not wanting to speak to her. You walk straight over to the opposite couch and sit down. Although his girlfriend was always rude to you, you never had the heart to be rude back because she meant a lot to Niall.

"What do you think you're doing here?'" She devilishly says.

"I'm just here to support my best friend." You say, shutting up afterwards. The boys should be back anytime so you just sit, waiting patiently before Niall's girlfriend comes up to you.

She walks straight up to you, pulling you up and gripping your shirt. "Listen here, missy, don't you try and take over my boyfriend. Get it through your little head that he loves me and not you, okay? Stop trying to meddle with my love li-" She says before she gets interrupted by the door.

"H/GF/N, what the fuck do you think you're doing to her?" Niall says once he sees what's going on.

"W-we were just hugging. W-what a lovely friend you have Niall." She says, acting like nothing happened.

"Cut the shit H/GF/N, what are you doing?" His hands ball up into fists, his face going as red as can be.

"N-nothing." She says.

"Get out H/GF/N. I can't believe you would do this. You don't have the right to abuse her like that and I never thought you were like this. We're done and you can leave now." He says, pointing to the door.

"B-but Niall-" He interrupts her.

"NO BUTS, GET OUT." He screams, absolutely infuriated with her.

She quickly grabs her bag and just as she reaches the door, Niall speaks up again. "Don't you ever come near her like that again and don't ever try and call me."

Once she's gone, Niall turns to look at you. "How long has she been like this?" He asks angrily.

"U-um, since you met her." You say, scared of what's to come.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He says, softening up and embracing you in a tight hug. Slowly, the tears start to fall down your face.

"B-because I d-didn't think y-you would believe m-me and I didn't w-want to lose you." You manage to get out through sobs.

"Y/N, I would never think about letting you go. You're one of the best people in my life and I couldn't let you go if I tried. I wish you would've told me earlier though because I can't stand to see you go through that." He says, burying his face further into your neck. 

"Thank you." You say, not leaving his tight embrace.

{Author's Note} 

I hope you guys enjoyed this one! I know it was short but I've still been really busy studying! 

Please vote/comment if you enjoyed this one! Thanks lovelies xx