Chapter 12

"I'm not lying, Chloe, I swear

"I'm not lying, Chloe, I swear. I wouldn't lie to you about something like this. Not where Vincent is involved."

What a complete mess my life has become. All of this because of one single person.

"How could he do something like that? He made Vincent kill my dad. I knew he was innocent. I knew my dad would never do something like that."

What the hell was I supposed to do now? Archer had to pay for what he did. Everything that happened to me was his fault. I had a normal life before I met any of the Sinclair's and Archer robbed me of everything I had.

"He's going to pay for this. I won't let him get away with this."

"He's already gotten away with it. The best thing you could do is take away what he's after. Control both packs and you control him. You can even have him exiled if you wanted to."

"He deserves to die. Exile is too much of an easy way out. He has to pay in blood."

"You want to kill him? I get you want revenge but killing him won't make you a better person. You aren't like the rest of us, Chloe. You were brought up with the humans. You love and protect. You don't kill."

She was right. I wasn't like the rest of them, but I wasn't a human either. I didn't know if I could be capable of killing Archer but I would gladly try.

"I have to talk to Dimitri. If he can help me get proof then we can expose him. I can't just call him out without anything to back me up. I would sound like a little kid trying to point the finger because I lost my daddy."

"You really think Dimitri is just going to talk to you?"

"What is it that you said he found?" I asked.

"I don't know. He didn't tell me and I didn't ask him. He's losing his damn mind."

"Why?"

"Chloe, he's been the one holding Vincent back. Do you even know what they wanted to do to your dad? It wasn't just killing him they were after. Do you know what they would have done to you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're lucky your dad only had his heart ripped out. I know what a cruel person Archer can be. He would have tortured him. He would have beaten you and made your dad watch. He would have let several men have their way with you. Vincent would have done all of it if it wasn't for Dimitri." She explained. "He never wanted any part of this. Archer kept pushing and pushing. Dimitri and Vincent have always been so close but this was something that they always fought about. Vincent was so hurt by his parents death. More than Dimitri. He wanted to do everything in his power to make sure that whoever did it paid the price."

"Then with more reason he will listen and he will help me. He can at least try to do something good for a change."

"That's not-"