age eighteen: chaewon

The bookstore was slow that day, which was a good thing for the now eighteen-year-old young woman. She could peacefully read her book behind the cashier desk without any interruptions. That is, until a male, who seemed older than her, knocked on the desk to get her attention.

"Sorry about that, how can I help you?" she asked, embarrassed at the fact that she was too focused on her book to notice the customer. "It's alright, I was wondering where I can find the book Me Before You," he said, flashing her a small smile.

She typed the title into her computer and pointed him in the direction of the adult fiction section. He nodded and strolled toward the area. When he came back, now with the book in his hand, he bought it out and walked out, clutching the book to his chest.

The clock struck noon, signaling that it was the end of her shift. She gathered her coat and purse to grab something at her favorite cafe for herself and her mother.

The streets were unusually busy that day. As soon as Chaewon exited the building, the loud shrieks and yelling startled her. Working at an establishment in the city had its downsides sometimes. She ignored all of it and hurriedly walked to the cafe, not wanting to be caught in the madness. But to her dismay, she accidentally walked into the chaos.

The crazy fans were advancing in her direction as she kept her head down. As Chaewon weaved through the many pedestrians on the sidewalk, she accidentally bumped her shoulder into someone else.

We barely touched but the world exploded with color.

She couldn't believe her eyes. Her shoes that were once a light shade of gray transformed into a pastel pink color. Chaewon stopped walking, causing many people around her to yell in frustration. But that didn't stop her from looking around the city in a new perspective.

As I blinked, the world flashed from the nothing to everything.

The billboards cascaded with vibrant colors of all shades and tints. The stop signs flashed red, yellow and green. The bright blue sky shined above the busy city people, rushing to get to their destination.

"They've found each other," the lady at the checkout said out loud.

"We've finally found each other." Chaewon whispered. But little did she know, that the boy she had accidentally collided with had said the same thing. Almost in unison, the two turned around and looked at each other in full pigmentation.

Slowly, they walked towards each other. the unknown boy in chaewon's perspective gave off a kind aura as she seemed like a loving vibe to the young man. When they stopped, now face-to-face, the male stuck out a hand in a friendly manner and smiled brightly.

"My name is Xu Minghao. What's your name, soulmate?"

Her eyes watered ever so slightly. She didn't think that she would find her soulmate in the busy crowds of Gangnam.

"'Im Kim Chaewon."

Her life had finally begun.