It was a relief to get inside the college buildings and away from the sunlight. I meandered through the crowds towards the campus cafe. I had a couple of hours to kill before my next lecture. Oddly Jacques and Nico had not showed up to babysit me, so I was enjoying my freedom while it lasted. So I found a quiet table to sit at in the café and cracked open the carton of blood. I guess this was my new coffee routine.

Kicking back I heard a familiar voice, “Hi Mia, can I sit with you?”

I looked up and saw Jack hovering next to me. "Sure Jack, take a seat," I smiled.

Jack pulled out the chair and took a seat opposite me. 

"Are you okay, that new sub lecturer was looking for you last night? I was really worried," Jack said. 

"I'm fine, but was Luc okay with you?" I asked him nervously. 

"Yeah, he was just really worried about you,” Jack explained.

“I was supposed to meet him after class but something turned up so I had to bail. I guess he did not get my message,” I said trying to shut down this line of conversation.

“Umm, have you got a moment I want to ask you something?" Jack said leaning in close to me.

"Sure." I replied, glancing back. 

"So there is this party coming up and I’m supposed to take someone with me. And was kind of thinking you could come along with me. It could be like a date?" Jack asked awkwardly. 

'Mia, don’t you dare,' A dark threatening male voice suddenly rumbled in my head.

This is for panda pyjama-gate,  you undead pervert” I snapped back at Luc, before turning to Jack and saying, "Yeah that would be cool."

Jack’s face brightened up and a huge smile erupted across his face, "Thanks! I've gotta go to football practice, but I'll catch you around!" Jack then leaned into me and kissed my cheek. 

At that point I felt Luc snap.

'Get here now!' he ordered.

Um excuse me but I am not going to be bossed about by you, especially if you talk to me in that tone,’ I replied haughtily.

“Miss Hayden,” Luc’s voice suddenly rumbled in my ear, “Can I have a word?”

I jumped in my chair at the sight of Luc towering over me. The whole café had fallen silent and everyone was staring at us.

‘Do you want me to make a scene?’ Luc said darkly in my mind.

Damn, he moved fast.

I smiled weakly and followed Luc to an empty classroom. He held open the door, waiting for me to pass. The moment I stepped through the doorway into the class room, Luc slammed the door violently.

I tried not to flinch. I stood to my full height as Luc stalked towards. Nervously I backed away from him placing myself behind a desk. Luc slammed his fists against the desk and said, “What the hell do you think you are doing with Jack?”

Angrily I puffed myself up, "Your primitive displays of anger do not frighten me Luc," I spat confidently, “I am not going to be brow beaten by you. If I want to go out with Jack there is nothing you can do to stop me.”

To him I was a possession, an object which he owned- and no one else could have. And this annoyed me. I was not an object he got to claim. If he wanted to be with me then he needed to work for me.

Standing my ground I watched Luc’s dark violent expression. He clenched his fists in anger and for a split second I thought he was going to break something. But then he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Luc's face suddenly softened and he opened his eyes and looked up at me. His hands moved to the desk that stood between us. He calmly pushed the desk sideways so there was nothing standing between us.

Nervously I stepped backwards. Luc watched me retreat and for a moment the corner of his mouth curved upwards, in a mocking smile. Then in one quick movement he closed the distance between us. His finger tunnelled into my hair, yanking my head back roughly. I opened my mouth to protest but Luc cover it with his in a devastating kiss.

My whole body went up in flames and I thought I was going to collapse on a heap on the floor. To stop me from falling I grabbed a fistful of Luc’s shirt, unable to think clearly. Luc continued to move his mouth over mine. His kiss was not gentle or restrained. Instead it was a deep, passionate kiss which was almost cruel.

I leaned into him, completely caught up in the moment. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers into his hair. I crushed myself against his hard muscular body, begging for more- and it was only when I did this that he abruptly tore away from me.

I stumbled backwards and caught myself on the desk behind me. Breathing hard I caught the look of satisfaction on Luc’s face.

“I hate you,” I panted.

“That was not what you were thinking when I was kissing you,” Luc smirked

“I double hate you,” I snapped.

“Mia, we are meant to be together. This thing that you have going with that boy Jack, it could never compare to the intensity and chemistry that we share,” Luc said.

“Please, stop flattering yourself,” I said.

“I am going to be frank with you. You are my wife and I do not want my wife being felt up by some little boy. Mia you have until sunset to end all contact with this boy Jack- or I will." Luc spelt out.