We all sat there in silence for a second until Lynette spoke up. "So Shelby! How come you haven't been over in a while? It's been like 2 months!" My eyes widened. Oh No!! Hunter had the same expression on his face. "What do you mean? Shelby has been with Hunter almost everyday." Lynette and mom eyed me and Hunter down. I decided that I should say something, so I spoke up. "Me and Hunter went out to the lake and to Starbucks a few times over the past few months. We didnt think that it would be the best idea to come over here, just incase Amber saw us." I lied. "Oh, ok! That's fine, I understand, but you dont have to worry about that anymore! They broke up." Lynette said. I smirked at that. "Yea, I guess I dont!" We then went back to eating our food.

After dinner, we decided to go into their living room and just talk and watch some football.

"Speaking of football, would you like a ride to the game tomorrow, after school?" Hunter asked me. I smiled, "Yea sure!" I answered. "Ok, oh, and I am taking you to school again! I missed that!" He whispered so our parents couldn't hear him. I nodded my head.

"Ok Shelby, we have to get home, you have school tomorrow." My mom said. "Ok." I groaned, not wanting to leave Hunter.

I got up off of the floor, and walked out their door. "Bye Shelby!" Hunter yelled. "Bye, Hayes!" I yelled back.

I got up to my room, sat on my bed, and started think about what Cameron asked the other day. The words were repeating in my mind over and over. Do I like Hunter? I dont see how I couldnt like him. His perfect blonde spiked hair, his gorgeous eyes, his muscular arms. Of course I like Hunter! But I know for a fact that he doesn't like me. Why would he? Im just me.

My phone buzzed which brought me out of my thinking process. I opened the message.

Hunter-Hey, come meet me in the backyard.

I smiled then quickly texted back.

Me-Ok:)

I walked down the hallway as quietly as possible, and then down the stairs. I didnt want my parents to know what that I am leaving the house, even though it's just outback, I will still get into trouble.

I made it out the back door and sat on the porch step, waiting on Hunter. Suddenly, I felt a warm presence sit down beside me. "Hey Shelby!" Hunter said. "Hey Hunter, why did you want me to come down here?" I asked him. "I wanted to be with you." He simply said. I felt my cheeks get hot, so I tried to hide it. "Ok." I said smiling.We sat there for a few minutes in silence. "So, your birthday is coming up! What do you want?" I asked. "I want my bestfriend to be there with me, thats all I want." "No, something that I can buy you!" "That is all I want Shelby." "Ugh! you make it so hard to get you something!" He laughed. "Whatever!" He said. "Haha, well, I think in need to get to bed, before my parents catch me." I said standing up off of the steps. "Ok, bye Shelby, love ya!" He said. "Love ya too! Ha, I'll see you in the morning." "Ok." He said pulling me into a warm hug. I smiled and then walked inside running up to my bedroom silently. Once my head hit my pillow i was out like a light.

-

"BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!" I woke up to my alarm clock going crazy! I picked up my phone and turned it off, then checked the time and the day.

6:30 am, Friday.

I sat up on my bed and stretched. Then stood up and walked over to my dresser, picking the first shirt and the first pair of jeans I found. Then I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face.

Soon enough, I was downstairs eating breakfast and waiting on Hunter to pick me up. There was a knock at the door, so I ran over, picked up my bag, and opened the door. There stood Hunter smiling wide at me. I smiled back and followed him out the door.

"Are you ready for school?" Hunter asked me smiling. "I dont know. Haha, I mean its school." I said laughing. "I understand! Ha, are you ready to finally be able to talk to me at school?" He asked winking."Totally! I missed that!" I told him, he laughed. "I missed that too."

-

"So, you take this number and divide it by this num-" the bell cut the teacher off. Everybody grabbed their book bags and practically ran out of the class, along with me. I walked to the lunch room and looked around for Hunter, and found him at the table I had been sitting at since the fight. But it wasn't just him, all of his friends were over there, including Cameron.

I walked over to the table and sat down at a spot next to Hunter. "So I see you two made up!" Cameron said. Me and Hunter looked at eachother and smiled. "Yes!" We both said in unison. "Good! It felt weird not having Shelby around!" Hunter's friend, Chris, said. I laughed an looked down at my hands resting in my lap. I felt Hunter's hand rub up and down on my back. I smiled a little to myself and felt my cheeks get hot. "Is Shelby blushing?!" Aaron (Hunters friend) yelled out. (All of these friends names are made up). Hunter leaned his head down to look at me. Without saying anything he just shook his head, even though he probably saw me blushing.

The bell rang which signaled that it was time for the next class. I got up out of my chair and started walking out of the cafeteria, until I heard somebody call my name. I turned around and saw that it was Hunter. "Yea?" I said. "Wait for me!" He said running up to my side. I laughed and kept walking with Hunter. "So I think the guys are happy we are back to talking again." He said. "Really?" "Yea! Totally! That was all they were talking about at lunch." "Yea it was." I said agreeing with him.