Chapter 16: The Moon Demon's Orders

Start from the beginning

"Major general Shinya, what kind of car is that?!" Goshi asked, completely surprised. "It was abandoned so switched to it. Awesome, right?" Shinya asked. Goshi nodded.

"It's perfect for a stupid looking guy like you. Anyway, what are you here for?" Guren asked, causing Shinya to sigh. "I heard from Kureto-Nii-san. You guys are just sacrificial pawns. It's crazy to go around killing vampire nobles with just 100 men." Shinya stated, sounding like he felt sorry for Guren. "So, I thought my stupid-looking self would help you out. So, where's my thank you?" Guren chuckled.

"Shut up."
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I sighed in frustration, my nerves about to snap. "Look, I know what I'm doing Kimizuki-kun. So get off my ass already!" I shouted.

Ever since I decided to go back for Yuu, and drive, Kimizuki was in a bad mood. Shinoa patted Kimizuki on the back. "Well, Mayu-san has a point. We haven't crashed yet, so I think she's getting the hang of it."

"Thank you Shinoa-chan."

"We're late for sure." Yuu stated, still upset that he was left behind. "W-Will we be in trouble?" Yoichi asked sounding really worried. I shook my head, trying not to get distracted. "We won't be in trouble...I hope."

Kimizuki sighed. "If we are, I'm gonna sell Shinoa and Mitsuba out." He stated. Mitsuba glared at him. "How dare you sell out your own comrades!" Yuu turned towards her, glaring back. "You tried leaving me behind! Comrades my ass!" I sighed and turned towards him.

"We picked you up, didn't we? So be thankful."
.
.
.

*Timskip: a little while later.*

"We'll leave here at 0700, arriving at Nagoya at 1300. Read the directive I had out later for strategic details." I heard Guren announce as we all snuck through the crowd of Demon Army soldiers.

We were seriously, seriously late, and if Guren found us, he'd kill us!

"Quietly...quietly...don't be seen..don't be seen!!!!"

The six of us continued to sneak in, so far undetected...until..

"Hold up there, you guys."

We all froze, standing completely still. My heart was beating out of my chest. I really hoped that he hadn't seen us, but that hope was quickly crushed.

"You're late. Who do you think you are?" Guren asked, sounding really pissed off. He glared at us, his eyes shooting daggers.

"WE'RE SO UNBELIEVABLE AND UTERALLY SCREWED!!"

Shinoa giggled nervously. "Well, Lieutenant colonel, I actually realized that we're CEO-level--" She started to say, but Guren cut her off. "Shut up, kid!" He snarled, making her jump.

"This mission isn't a game! Leave if you can't follow the army's rules!" He shouted, causing all of the other Demon Army soldiers to look our way.

"Damn, I've never seen Guren this pissed off before, it's actually quite scary.."

"Stupid kids, screwing around." One of them said, sending a glare our way. I cringed, the embarrassment starting to get to me.

"I need to say something..anything.."

I stepped forward, hoping I didn't get yelled at. "Lieutenant colonel, this was my--"I started to say, but Yuu cut me off. "I apologize, Lieutenant colonel. This was my fault." Yuu stated, stepping forward. My eyes widened and I went to grab his arm, but he already was too far out of reach.