Chapter 14: Complicated Connections

Start from the beginning

Shinoa giggled. "No, Yoichi-san's curse-control ability was exceptionally high from the start." Mitsuba shrugged. "So he mastered manifestation himself."

Yoichi chuckled nervously. "Um, I've been talking to my demon a lot before I got to sleep, and now I just...can." I looked down at my scythe, completely confused.

"But wait..Konekomaru and I talk a lot too. So why didn't the same thing happen? Is it because I don't have that strong curse-control and biliary like Yoichi-kun, or is it something else..?"

"Drink my blood, Asuramaru!" Yuu shouted, snapping me out of my thoughts quickly. Before I could stop him, Yuu cut his hand on the blade of his sword. I watched as his blood was quickly absorbed by his weapon.

"You damn idiot!!"

Mitsuba grit her teeth and quickly drew her weapon. "Prepare to fight!" She shouted as everyone quickly drew their weapons, holding it infront of them defensively.

"Shit!"

I held up my scythe, my hands trembling slightly. Was the same thing going to happen again? I hoped not!!

Suddenly, Yuu collapsed onto the ground, startling us all. "Yuu-kun!" I shouted, quickly running towards him. I put my scythe away and put Yuu's head on my lap.

"What just happened?"

I turned towards Shinoa. "What happened to him?" Shinoa shook her head. "I don't know. He didn't lose control from the get-go so that's a relief for now. It'll take some time before he comes in contact with his demon." She said.

"So until then, we have to watch over him." Mitsuba added as the others put their weapons up. Shinoa smiled.

"That's the role for us comrades during this training."
.
.
.

*Timeskip: a little bit later.*

I looked over at Yuu, waiting to see if he was going to lose control. It had been awhile, so I was starting to get nervous.

"I hope he's okay.."

"Comrades, huh?" Kimizuki mumbled, startling us all. "Last time, Yoichi and I were interrogated by those Hiiragi's. They asked us what happened at the battlefield." He said. Shinoa looked at him seriously.

"And what did you tell them?" She asked. "I said I didn't know anything, like you ordered us to." Kimizuki replied, looking a bit concerned. "That was the right play."

Kimizuki didn't look so sure about it. "Is it the right play to continue keeping it a secret from Yuu?" He asked. He then glared at her. "If you're lying about being a comrade and are planning on using Yuu..." Kimizuki started to say, but he stopped, unsure what to say next.

"Then, what?" Shinoa asked, not even bothered by his glare. Kimizuki shook his head. "Nothing. I'll stay for my sister. Put on a mask of a friend, holding down the nausea." Mitsuba glared at him.

"Oi, Kimizuki. Watch your tongue! Shinoa's protecting Yuu from the upper--" Shinoa quickly stopped her. "I'm fine, Mitsu-chan." She then looked over at Yoichi, startling him. "And you agree, Yoichi-san?"

He looked down at the ground, trying to find the right answer. "Um, I believe  that you two are keeping it a secret for Yuu-kun's sake, but..." I sighed and threw another stick into the fire.

"I don't think we should keep any of this a secret from Yuu-kun. I think that we need to tell him." I stated, turning everyone's attention towards me. "I understand that you're doing this to protect Yuu-kun, but he needs to know at some point." I looked up at Shinoa.