Chapter 13: Human World

Start from the beginning

"What is your intent?" She asked, lowering her weapon. "If it's something that's not going to help Yuu-san, could you please stop it?"

Guren sighed. "Why? Have you fallen for him?" Shinoa looked down at the ground. She didn't know how she felt. It was all so confusing for her.

Suddenly, Guren pointed his sword at Shinoa, causing her to jump. "True, she's in here. But I have control. I'm not possessed." He said, putting it back in its shealth.

"What if I said I don't trust you?" Shinoa asked as Guren began walking away. Guren just shrugged.

"I don't care. Believe what you want."
.
.
.

Guren sighed as he sat at the edge of Mayu's bed. "How are your injuries?" He asked. She just looked at him, unable to move.

"Not that bad. It just hurts to move." She laughed, but quickly went silent as the pain hit her. "I'm alright. It's going to take me a bit to heal, but I'll be alright." Guren nodded. "Alright. Get some rest."

Before he could leave, Mayu sat up and grabbed his sleeve, wincing as she re-opened a couple of her wounds.

"Please don't tell Yuu-kun..don't tell him about how injured I am.I don't want him to worry about me too much." She said. Guren just sighed. "Alright, I won't. Now rest already, damn kid."
.
.
.

*Flashback: a few hours ago.*

"It's about time we call it quits, Mayu."

Mayu winced as she got up off the ground. He body was so covered in wounds that she couldn't tell which part of her hurt the most.

Mayu shook her head. "No! I'm not done yet!" She shouted, holding her scythe tightly. Guren sighed. "Seriously? Anymore and your gonna break." Mayu gritted her teeth.

"It's don't give a damn! I'm not gonna stop, not until I beat you!" Mayu exclaimed as she charged at Guren. She leaped forward and swung her scythe, almost hitting Guren.

Guren blocked her attack, knocking her weapon out of her hands. He quickly kicked her in her stomach, causing her to fall to the ground, wheezing and coughing.

"I'm telling you this now. You need to stop! We've been going at this for almost a week and a half." Guren stated, putting his sword back in its sheath. "Go rest before you pass out."

Mayu clenched her fists. "DAMMIT!! I SAID I'M NOT DONE!!" She growled, slowly starting to get off the ground. Mayu grabbed her scythe, using it for support.

"I told you before, remember? No matter what...I won't give up! No matter how many times you knock me down, whether it be by kicking me, stabbing me, punching me," Mayu looked up at Guren, her eyes full of determination.

"I WON'T STOP UNTIL I WIN!!!"

Mayu charged at Guren, swinging her scythe. Before Guren could draw his sword, Mayu kicked him in the side, causing him to stumble backward.

Guren chuckled. "I'm surprised that you still have some fight left in you! Normally someone would've already been knocked out."

Guren drew his sword, blocking Mayu's attacks. Soon, her speed picked up, making it harder for him to block her attacks.

What was going on? When did Mayu become this strong? Was she using her demons power?

Suddenly, Mayu swung her scythe, knocking the sword out of Guren's hand.