-A-

A is for Adrien Agreste the coldhearted boss.

***

[Adrien's POV]

My brother entered my office as I signed a paper. "Wazzup, yo?" I sighed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Can you be at least a little bit formal?" I said and he scoffed.

"Like you?" He clicked his tongue. "Nah, son."

"Felix, why are you here?" I exhaled as he sat on the couch.

"Just chillin', you know, your office is much cooler temperature than the outside."

"You don't simply chill in my office, brother, you need something. Spit it out." I crossed arms.

"Heh, you do know me. Well, anyway, I came here to talk to you, really. Can you be little bit less...coldhearted?"

I rolled my eyes. "I am not coldhearted. I am disciplined."

"Over disciplined, yes, that leads to coldhearted--"

"Felix, if this conversations leads to Dupain-Cheng, then get out of my office." I sighed. "Look, I already did what you requested me many times now. I could've fired her a long time ago but you asked me not to, why is that, Felix?" He looked at me seriously. "Oh that's right, you love her yet you can't tell her."

"I'm finding the right time." He replied.

"Yeah, that's what you said before, and you still can't. But whatever, if you don't do that soon I am so firing the girl." I stayed and he gasped.

"Wait, no! Don't do that!" He protested. "Look, I have an idea, why don't you assign a project to her? If she couldn't do it, then I'd confess my feelings, but if she does, then she stays here."

I rubbed my chin and thought for a moment. "Hmm, okay. I am confident that she won't make it." I grinned and he glared at me.

***

It was already 12pm and the employees started to leave for lunch break, I watched them leave through my window but one employee was left.

What is Dupain-Cheng up to right now?

I secretly got out of my office, and tiptoed to her desk, I watched her draw a dress on the computer, and I won't deny that the dress was unique, and frackin'-fabulous! "Hey there!" She screamed and suddenly fell off her chair. "Such klutz." I grinned.

"Seriously, Felix?!" She said and glared at me before covering her monitor with a blue cloth. Then she suddenly gasped and looked at me from head to toe. "S-s-s-sir Adrien?"

"Goodness gracious, Miss Cheng, you are a sitting disaster." I crossed my arms as she got up, she mumbled something under her breath and I sighed. "Look, I didn't exactly mean to say 'hey there' and startle you. But I saw your design, by the way, I like the red color with the black spots, it's unique."

Her eyes widened before turning away. "T-thanks."

"Your welcome, keep that up, Miss Cheng, I might consider not firing you." I said and she looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, o--okay." She replied and saved the picture that she draw.

"You know you have talent." I said. "You don't have to hide it."

"Marinette, come on! Felix is waiting for--" I heard another voice said and I turned my head to Miss Cesaire. "Oh, Sir Adrien." She said and bowed he head. "Mari, let's go."

"O-okay." She replied before grabbing her bag. "I'll--I'll go now, sir."

I nodded as she was being grabbed by her friend and they both went outside the office. I raised an eyebrow at the closed door before looking at her computer. It wasn't even turned off. I looked around to check if someone was there, but luckily, there wasn't. I sat on her chair and checked her computer, the desktop background was her, Miss Cesaire and Felix smiling widely at the camera. I conclude that it was taken here, seeing the background.

I opened some of her files, mostly are about work, nothing private at all, this girl is quite clever not to put any private files here. Then I saw an interesting folder without a name, so I decided to check it out. And I was surprise of what I saw.

Dresses. More dresses that she designed herself.

She's good in designing, I wonder why she decided to work on the accounting department?

I jumped when I felt something on my feet, when I looked down I sighed in relief. "Seriously, Plagg?" My black cat; Plagg meowed and rubbed itself at my feet again. "Where have you been the entire time?" I asked him though I know he wouldn't answer. I lifted him up and carried him into my office. I put some cat food on his plate and he started eating it.

***

[Marinette's POV]

Did he seriously just complimented my designs earlier? Or what did he meant by 'unique?' I asked myself while eating lunch with Alya and Felix. I just suddenly had this weird feeling about my boss. "Mari, you okay?" Felix asked, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Y-yeah, I'm...fine." I replied and smiled.

"Well, you look like you flew to the outer space." Alya commented. "So, you heard what Felix said earlier?"

"Wha--what did you said?" I asked Felix and they both chuckled.

"Yup, you went to the outer space." Alya said before sipping on her soda. "Felix didn't said anything." I frowned and continued eating. "But seriously though, Marinette, I saw you with Sir Adrien earlier, what was that all about?" She asked and I almost choked on my food.

"I, uhh, he--" I looked at Felix who was looking at me expectantly. "He saw my designs earlier and he said it was unique."

Felix grinned. "Of course it was! Mari, you are gold!"

"No, I'm not." I replied and tried to hide my blush.

"You are, come on, don't hide it now." He said and I smiled.

"T-thanks." I replied back, blushing even more.

***

[Adrien's POV]

I continued typing at my keyboard after I finished my croissant. Plagg was asleep under my table, and I heard the employees arriving. Then I heard my brother's laugh, followed by two others. I assume it's Miss Cesaire and Miss Dupain-Cheng. They're his close friends.

I heard the door on my office opening and I paused on typing. "Yo."

"Enjoyed your lunch date?" I asked and crossed my arms.

"It wasn't a date, bro." He replied and sat on the couch while slouching.

"Felix, sit properly." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Eh, come on, we're not on business here." He replied and I rolled my eyes. "So, you saw Mari's designs earlier, huh? Told her there's more to her than just an insubordinate klutz employee."

"Yeah, well..." I trailed off, thinking of an idea. "Wait, we have an upcoming project, I am to assign to her a fashion line, if I am to be impressed then she keeps working here."

He scoffed. "You were impressed earlier, sure she's gonna do it again, you'll be mind blown. Kapoow!"

"It's hard to work under pressure." I grinned evilly. "This is going to be fun."