"Oh, sorry, I'm being rude, do you want one?" He held out the white and gold packet towards me.

"No, thanks. I don't smoke."

"But you drink?" He raised his eyebrow.

"That's a little bit different, don't you think?"

"Eh, one damages your brain, the other damages your lungs."

"Smoking kills you faster."

"Touché." He says. "Well, at least I'll look cool doing so."

I laugh, "You're a fucking idiot."

"I know." He smiles. "Why do you look sad?"

"What do you mean?"

"You just have a sad-looking face."

I laugh in confusion, "Can't say I've heard that before."

"What makes you sad?" He looks into my eyes and I swear I zone out for a second.

"I hate this town."

"Why's that." His eyebrows furrow.

"Because I want to do great things, and everyone laughs at me when I tell them so."

"Well I tell you what, fuck people of Cheshire." He blows out the smoke from his cigarette. "Tell me, what do you want to do that makes these fucking low-lives squirm."

I sigh. "I want to design clothes for a living. Be creative, I guess."

"Well I tell you what, the minute I saw you walking in, all eyes were on you." He took another drag of his cigarette and blew the smoke into the air. "A great dresser intimidates people because that's the first thing they see. And these people are fucking scared."

I chuckle and shake my head. "You're crazy."

He shrugs with a smile. "Hey, I'm in a band. Right now we're nothing, we're absolute shit. People are laughing at us too. But I can just feel it in my bones, one day, we're going to be great. Just like you." He lays the point of his finger on the top of my chest.

"Well, if that doesn't come to be, then I will find you and knock you out for getting my hopes up."

"My pleasure." He throws his cigarette on the ground and crushes it with his foot.

He looks up at me and I kiss him. I fucking kissed this guy. And for a moment I thought I was a complete idiot because he was frozen. But then he put his hand on my back and pressed his lips more firmly against mine. We kissed and it was perfect. It was a sweet, innocent kiss. He ran his hands all over my body, I had never been touched like that before. He was so gentle. I thought I had never met a guy so perfect. And I was right about that, but at the same time I was so fucking wrong.

I pulled away from him when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I put my hands flat against his chest. "I have to leave now, my mum's here."

"Will I see you again?" He asked as I started stepping away from him. He took a hold of my hand, almost like he wanted me to stay.

"Yeah, you'll find me somewhere. Or I'll find you." I didn't ask for his number, which I regretted at the time, I guess I wanted to act cool and kind of brush off our encounter.

I thought I'd never see him again. I never anticipated that this guy would take me to Heaven and Hell in the years to come since that night at the party.

I was snapped out of my daydream by a 'ding' coming from my phone. It was 12pm on a Thursday. I was drawing some designs in my office above my shop, drinking ice tea and snacking on dumplings I'd bought for lunch.

I looked at my phone and instantly groaned. In confusion and frustration. But mainly annoyance.

Unknown Number: 'Hey it's Matty what's up'

I unlocked my phone and typed a reply.

'Nothing's up. I'm busy at the store. How did you get my number?'

I pick up my pencil again and begin drawing again, although my mind was somewhere else. My phone went off again.

'From Nina.'

I reply almost instantly.

'What the fuck.'

I rang Nina.

"Hey! I missed y-"

"Why the fuck did you give Matty my number? How did you get his number in the first place?" I rant.

"Well, George and I have been texting since Friday night, and he told me that Matty asked him, to ask me, whether he could have you're number. And I thought 'why not', and sent it to him." She sounded so fucking chirpy.

"Do you want to tell me why the first thought that popped into your head was 'why not'?"

"Well, you guys were always good friends? So why can't you be like that now?" I groan, although it's more like a little scream.

"I do what I want Nina. Bye."

"Sheesh." I heard her say before I hung up.

I begin typing a new message.

'Sorry if I sounded harsh. Maybe we can chat some time about how much of an asshole you are.'

I receive a reply within seconds.

'You haven't lost that spark Tati. But yeah we should. I'll see you in half an hour.'

My eyes go wide in confusion, 'What do you mean?'

He replies. 'I mean I'm coming to see you at your shop. I think it's about time I check it out.'

"Christ." I say out loud.

"Everything okay?" Asked one of my employees who was organising stock.

"Peachy."

---

I'm liking this story so far!! And I love your feedback! Photo of how I imagine Tati's studio above! xx