Chapter Forty-Three

*Amelia*

She told me everything, especially with the affair between her and my brother. How come he didn't tell me that? Oh, dear brother. And a son? A prince.

The wedding was about to begin and I was sitting next to Michael on our thrones with our crowns on our heads just waiting for the new Lord and Lady to wed.

I saw Jacob come to the aisle already. He was facing towards us and stared at me the whole time. I looked at him in fear but grabbed Michael's hand. He held my hand tightly and continued to look ahead, I had to make it seem as if I was in love with. Dear Jacob, what are we to do about this? I shed a tear but didn't stop it, continued to roll down my cheek to my stomach.

The music began to play and the church stood up to take a look at the bride. Michael stood up still holding my hand but I didn't stand. Michael pulled my hand trying to pull me up but I felt like I was a chunk of metal stuck to the ground.
"Amelia, please stand the bride is coming." Michael whispered angrily.

I slowly began to stand and watch as the bride walk down the aisle with dress that seemed familiar. She walked down with a veil covering her face, a bouquet of dozen cream colored roses and a train long enough that covered the aisles. She finally reached Jacob but he didn't turn to her, he kept his gazed straight ahead at me.

The priest came in and raised his hands for the kingdom to be seated. And so it begins...

"Lords and Ladies, Your Majesties, we are gathered to bond Lord Jacob and now Lady Alicia in holy matrimony. Under the contract of King Jonathan."
"May King Johnathan rest in peace." the kingdom said and that stopped my heart. Hearing my father's name made my heart crumble like a wasteful piece of paper.

The priest continued on and then came the vows.
"Do you, Lady Alicia, take Lord Jacob to be your lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"
"Yes, I do." She said fairly quickly. This seemed very rushed with her.
"And do you Lord Jacob, take Lady Alicia to be your wedded wife, to have and to hold in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

The church was silent. He didn't answer. Jacob?

I see the look in Alicia face and she seem very disturbed and angry. Oh, dear. Please don't Jacob.
"Im sorry. No, I don't." He said quietly.
"What was that?" The priest asked.
"He said yes, he does."

"No I didn't! I can't marry you, Alicia. I don't love you." He said and the church filled with gasped, chatter and whispers. "Lords and Ladies, its time that I announce my true love. The one woman I can't live without. The one who sits on a throne as your Queen. Yes, Lords and Ladies, I am in love with the Queen."

Silence appeared once again. I couldn't move. I couldn't even breathe. What just happened? I felt like a statue built beautiful but then stripped in front of gazing eyes.

"What did you say?" Michael stood up from his throne finally releasing my hand.
"Your wife, my Queen, has been the love of my life since I first laid eyes on her, from when she was a princess, from when her father, King Jonathan welcomed me into his home. She has taught me things I have never thought a woman would know. She has made me the man I am today."

Michael turned to me and stared with fire burning in his eyes. "Amelia, my love, is it true what this Lord says?" I couldn't even speak. My mouth was stuck together unable to release words.
"Mia, please, tell him the truth. Think of our child. Think of Noni."
"Lies! Noni is my daughter! And no other man!"

"Really? Says the man who raped his wife on their wedding night. Drunken. Took the innocence of our Queen and forced yourself upon her! What kind of man does that to a beautiful woman? Not only that, has a affair with one of the ladies maids, I believe Claudia." The church continued to sit in shock of secrets being spilled out of these men.

"ENOUGH!" I shouted. I stood from my throne and looked at the church. "I do have a confession to make."