9

-Third Person POV-
"I am very sorry. We failed to find Derrick. He was nowhere. We have come to the conclusion that he is dead." Zavier tells his King. "I am ready for whatever punishment you are to give me."
"Where is the human?" The king asks in anger.
"We have erased his memory and gave him back his life as a human."
The king roars in anger. "Unacceptable! He deserves more punishment than you two!"
That is the reason Zavier and Roderick lied to him and told him they were ordered to. They didn't want Riley to suffer whatever fate they must.
"We saved him from this! Derrick wouldn't want the one he loved to live in this world! He'd want Riley to be happy!" Roderick yelled to the king. "Would you really torture someone who held your son's heart?"
"He is the cause of his whole mess!" He retaliates. "You, who holds my son's heart, will receive as harsh a punishment as he!" He points at Zavier in anger. "Enough with this disrespect!" He holds his hand out, palm facing Roderick and Zavier. "Both of you have failed to bring your King back home. Your punishment is death!" Magic spews from his palm and swirls around the two lovers as they hug each other close, whispering their love to one another before turning completely stone.
In his fit of anger, the king failed to notice the two souls that emanated from the two men. They were barely noticeable, but one did not fail to see it. The elder of the kingdom gave them a path. Two children that have yet to enter the world need souls. They were led to two children who are fated to be together to the end of their days.
The statue left in their wake was soon after made the memorial for the lost king. The two men in the statue were known as the men who traveled far and wide to find the king and didn't quit, or give up, but couldn't find the lost King that was to take over the kingdom. They were remembered as the saviors of the kingdom. For without their failure, King James would have never reigned, making this kingdom the most wealthy and powerful.
As for the souls of the two 'heroes', they found their way faster than expected.
* * * * * *
Lui was silently following along after Zavier, making sure that he couldn't find Derrick. After also spying on Derrick for some time, he found that his plan from before that he didn't expect to work, was in progress. Derrick was in love with the man with no legs. Derrick didn't discriminate against him. Lui didn't expect him to anyways. After seeing Derrick express his love to the ex marine, he knew it was time to return home and turn himself in. He had planned everything. Except, Riley falling for him, love at first sight. It was the most unexpected thing that could've ever happened. He figured that even though they had erased his memory, his hate for Lui, that had grown as the search or Derrick progressed, would stay in his heart. Lui then unexpectedly built a life with Riley that soon escalated to them living together permanently.
Lui still watches over Derrick. That is, until he begins to notice an old enemy returning. One day, while he and Riley were out surfing, Lui strayed too far away from Riley. Crashing on a wave, he gave this enemy the chance to attack and attack it did. It was a good chance that he would be found by those sharks one day and when they found him, they made sure to never lose him again. Riley lived the next few years with that tragic scene in his head every time he looked towards the ocean.
* * * * * *
-Derrin's POV-
"Derrin," the boys whined.
I sigh. "Can't you call me dad or something? You call him papa," I whine back.
They both giggle and shake their heads. "You call him papa too!"
"Only cause of you guys! And stop speaking in unison! You know this creepy!"
They both sit on my lap and stare up at me with their big blue eyes.
"What?" I ask. I sigh. "Go ahead."
They squeal in happiness and Roderick jumps off my lap to put the movie in. When he comes back to me, he cuddles with Zavier and they both lean back into my chest. The two have been super close since we adopted them.
"Derrin, they're already asleep," he whispers.
I look up behind me and smile, whispering back. "I know. I like this movie though."
He chuckles. "You always act like you hate it."
"Just to mess with them. They always win though."
"Come on. Let's go put them in bed."
I nod and stand up with them in my arms. The tiny hand clutch my shirt, but I won't let them fall. "You go on and get ready for bed and I'll tuck them in." He kisses my cheek before making his way to our room. I carry the twin toddlers to their room and put them in there beds since they changed into pajamas earlier.
When I walk into our room, Riley is already lying in bed, sound asleep. I sigh in content as I look over his sleeping face and hear the small snores coming from him. I remove my clothes and climb into bed with him, then pull him to me and fall asleep immediately after I'm comfortable.
* * * * * *
"I'm sorry sir. The surgery was a failure. We caught it early though, so you have time to spend with him before he dies."
I nod with tears streaming down my face. "How long is that gonna be?"
He gives me a sad, reassuring smile. "With frequent check ups, a few years at most."
I nod again then go to the children's area to get the twins. I find them just sitting on a bench, talking to each other and not playing with any of the toys or other children. These two are definitely weird. But they are still the cutest beings on this planet, aside from Riley. I call them over and they come running, with worried expression when they see that I've been crying.
"Why are you crying, Derrin?" Roderick asks.
I roll my eyes at him and shake my head. "Come on, Papa's out of surgery. We can go see him now." They both grab onto one of my hands and I lead them up to Riley's room.
My tears threaten to fall again when I watch the twins run over and hug him with huge smiles on their faces. Why couldn't it be me in that hospital bed?

------

Hallo. Is this better? Did this help with he whole time skip situation?? I wanted to give you a insight of what happened.. I know some of it's confusing.. Sorry about that..
Comment, Share, Vote, Follow, Love Me!!
-Sebbachan out!!
Danke!!