Chapter 11

She wouldn't take my blood when Xavier came to replenish it. She curled up in a ball on her cot and wouldn't come apart. I tried petting her. She wouldn't move. She wasn't crying, but she wasn't speaking to me either.

I shifted because she said she liked me better as a wolf. I nudged her with my nose, but she was still unresponsive. Well. She was being stubborn today. If I wanted to comfort her at all, I would need to be stubborn as well.

I shifted and pounced on her, forcing her open quickly and pinning her on her back much like I would prey. We were face to face, and all I saw in her eyes was immense sadness. So, I licked her cheek. She sighed.

I looked her over from my position above her. Her dark hair shone red in the light from above that wasn't the sun. It was about as red as my hair was blue. She had wide eyes that once had shone as green as young grass, but they were now about the same color as her hair. I liked that.

Otherwise, I wasn't entirely sure what I was looking at. I knew she was a she because of her smell. Her features were softer than mine, and she was smaller than me in general. Her chest had these odd mounds of flesh that I had seen on other females before, but I wasn't entirely sure what they were. Her chest didn't have odd things when she was a wolf.

She growled halfheartedly at me. I showed her my canines but didn't otherwise assert my dominance. She was mine, but I could let her still be herself. I leaned down and licked between her eyes, trying to comfort her.

"You don't have much experience with human interaction, do you?" she asked.

I grunted an affirmative.

"When we are human, we kiss, not lick."

Well, I'd only kissed my mom before. Was it acceptable to kiss a mate? I slowly lowered my face and kissed her cheek, watching her eyes.

She rolled them. "You must have been turned when you were really young."

I tapped her wrist seven times, but she didn't seem to notice.

"This is how you kiss a mate."

She stretched up, and I expected her to kiss my forehead or something. Instead, her lips gently pushed against mine. This was... New.

She pulled back and plopped back onto the cot. She didn't seem to mind that I had her pinned in a submissive position. She looked to the side, unknowingly baring her throat to me.

I gulped back the thirst.

"Sydney," I whispered.

She looked back at me, and I smiled at her. I didn't like it when she ignored me. Her wrists twitched under my hands, and she searched me for something.

"How is it that you can say my name and nothing else?"

I deflated slightly. She didn't seem to want to relent on this. I don't know what happened, but she then had me pinned on my back. She kissed my lips again, but this time she moved her lips along mine. I sloppily moved mine with hers, sparks flying across my face and down my body with each movement.

Now this had something to do with being a mate. It was more intimate than kissing a cheek, I wouldn't have done it with my mom. So did that mean a mate is closer than a mom?

She pulled back, chest heaving, and I noticed that I was also breathless. Huh.

"You enjoyed that," she noted, her pale skin a bit pink as if burnt.

It was hot in there now. Everywhere she touched me, the sparks just made it hotter.

"I can give you even better things than that, but you'll have to earn it. Tell me why you won't talk."

My body tensed completely. Oh no.

She leaned down again but stopped inches from my face. I suddenly realized that I didn't mind her holding me on my back.

"C'mon Blue, tell me something. Anything."

My heart beat faster, and I wasn't sure if it was from fear or whatever this other thing was that was straining my penis. I sat up to try to kiss her again, but she easily backed off. I snarled slightly to show her that I didn't like it.

She snarled back with a soft growl. "Don't like it when I withhold what you want? I don't either. I'll give you anything, you won't have to take it, if you'll simply speak!"

I growled back and flipped us over again, pinning her with my entire body this time. Somehow, this ended up pushing my now very sensitive penis against where hers should have been. There wasn't one. That confused me.

She sighed, going limp beneath me. Her tone was laced with bitterness, "Fine."

She closed her eyes, but not before I saw the pain in them. I keep hurting her. I don't mean to, but it makes my chest hurt every time I see her cry. So, I was backed into a corner. If I continued to not talk, I would hurt her more. If I gave in and talked, I would get hurt.

Before I could think too much, I lowered my mouth until I could whisper directly into her ear.

"I fear my voice."

The switch flipped inside and the memories reared their ugly heads.

A/N: This is the entirety of what I have written. Cliff hanger. You're welcome. If it helps, I don't even know what happens next...