Chapter 9 - Pills

Chapter 9 - Pills

Luke

Thursday

He looked so cute in my clothes.

Although he was much skinnier than me, he still had a decent amount of muscle and for once I was thankful that I hadn't thrown out my old suits that no longer fit me. They clung tightly to his pecs and abs, the blazer adding an extra spiciness to the look. His usual tight jeans made it more casual, but his Converse... they needed to go. They were practically falling off his feet. He kinda looked like a high school student going to prom.

We ordered, and he complained about it being too expensive.

"Well, next time you can cook for me," I said in reply.

"I'm awful though, you'd probably vomit."

"I'm sure I wouldn't," I reassured. "Now I really do want to try your cooking!"

The waiter brought champagne over and I poured him a glass. "How high is your tolerance?" he asked. I smiled smugly.

"I can drink about ten shots of vodka without getting too drunk. Got a fast metabolism."

He gawped, taking a small sip. "That's incredible! I don't usually drink but I remember I once got drunk at a party from three bottles of beer."

We continued talking for a bit, and then our waiter brought over starters. I filled up his glass with champagne.

"Why are you single? I mean, you're rich, really sexy and have the perfect job... it muddles me," he asked – I could tell the alcohol was already beginning to consume him.

I shrugged. "It's easier to be single. It's not like I don't have a sex life – I just don't like commitments. Or clinginess. How about you?"

"There are no hot gay guys at college and it frustrates me."

My eyes widened. So... he was gay huh. A smirk crept up my smile and I had to bite down on my bottom lip to stop myself from grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I might not have gotten drunk easily, but alcohol certainly made me feel more excited than usual and that's why I drank it so regularly. I kept refilling his glass and by the end of the night, he was slurring his words, needing a helping hand to stop him from collapsing onto the pavement.

"Do you want to go home? Tell me your address," I asked. We were stood outside waiting for the valet parker to bring back my car.

"Not home... no... my family won't even be there..."

"Why not? Where did they go?"

His eyes rolled back and I panicked. He wasn't going to faint was he? I put him on my back just in case. "They went somewhere without me, it's really unfair."

"How long are they gone for?" I was struggling a bit because he was so limp and relaxed.

"They didn't specify, so I stopped waiting..."

That confused me. "What do you mean?"

He didn't reply. I looked around and saw that he'd fallen asleep. I scoffed, my eyes scanning his sleeping face. Damn, he looked cute.

~

I put him in the guest room and sighed, tucking him in before saying goodnight and heading back to mine.

As if on cue, my phone started ringing. "Arzaylea? What are you doing calling me so late?"

"Can we meet up for a drink? I'm desperate to see you Luuuuke," she slurred. Was she drunk again?