Contest Entry

Contest entry for ArtemistheNightwing !!! Couldn't resist joining your contest, bonus, Mage was really fun to draw (putting aside all the angry attempts I had to put up with, but hey!! That's art for ya!!! 😅😅)

Decided to put Scorch cause I'm just addicted to that SandWing to the point where I think I have a problem....

Anyways, here's the story!!!~

~~~~

Scorch adjusted his mask, looking up at the dragon that stood before him.

"And what makes you think I'll listen to you, your just a menacing dragon that somehow approached me in my dreams."

The dragon let out a chuckle, giving him a toothy grin "Menacing, yes, but I believe I have a feeling you will listen."

Scorch rolled his eyes then sat down, seeing he won't be going anywhere soon "I doubt it but go ahead and try, I'm not going anywhere."

"No your not, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mage of the MagicWings." He said proudly

"Scorch."

Mage smiled down at him, his tongue  flicking in and out like a snake "I know who you are SandWing, Scorch, son of Dusty and Adder, brother to Eucalyptus."

Scorch flinched at the last name, it's been so long since he'd heard about Eucal's name.

Mage found it amusing, and leaned down to his height "Seems like you haven't forgotten about that incident." Scorch glared "How do you know this?" He growled.

Mage let out a chuckle slowly raising his head back "I have my sources, now that I have your attention, I would like to ask, would you like to make a deal?" he said, his cocky smile growing wider.

Scorch looked away from his gaze, clearly not interested "I have no interest to make a deal with you, what makes you think I would be?"

Mage sighed, getting frustrated by the stubborn SandWing. "You ask too many questions, curious aren't you."

Scorch shook his head "No, just being wary. After all, you did admit your menacing."

Mage laughed, his mood swiftly changing from frustration to amusement. "I'll admit." he laughed "Now, your friend's life is in your talons on this one, but which one should it be?" He said gleefully while Scorch eyes widened.

Mage tapped his chin in a way of showing him thinking "Falcon, Icefall, Lilly, Nightshade, or Ripple." He hissed out the last name, knowing it'll grab Scorch's attention. "Or all the of them!"

Scorch growled at his threat making Mage laugh in amusement again. "Looks like I'm not the only menacing dragon here, but I know I'm much more menacing than you, so I suggest you listen and perhaps I won't have Ripple and your friends turn into an Empty." Mage smile faded, his face tuning serious.

Scorch glared but stayed silent. Mage smile soon formed again. "Excellent."

He brought out his talons, a yellow wisp formed around it. Soon it formed into the shapes of dragons, becoming clearer. He saw dragons of different tribes and hybrids.

"I need you to assassinate these dragons, they're in the way of something." He shook the figures away with his talon then looked back down at Scorch. "Our deal is, if you do this, in return I'll let Ripple and your friends live."

"And if I don't accept your offer."

Mage smiled toothy "I think you know, there are only two ways this deal will end, either they die, or your friends do. It's your choice."

Scorch looked down at his talons "Why me?"

"Cause they seem close to your location, and your fear of loneliness can make this easier, so, do we have a deal?" He held out his talon.

Scorch looked back at Mage, and growled "One more question, do you care if I have some help?"

"I don't care how you do it, I just want them gone."

Scorch let out a shaky sigh, he hesitated, but shook Mage's talon "Alright... I'll do your dirty work for you."

~~~~

Aaaaaaand I'm done!! Also to that one group of dragons, I referred it to the ITTEOTE group!! This was interesting to write though, I just love Mage's personality!!