Ch. 9 Comforting

I woke up in A room that wasn't mine. My head pounding, Eyes half open. I sit up and the door opens. It's Joe. He smiles a soft smile. "How did-" "I brought you up." he cuts me off. "You had a couple drinks, a lot of us did. I would have brought you to your own bed but Louise Zoe and Joey were playing some games and it was loud in there.

He walked over to me and gave me some aspirin with a water. I smiled at him as he sat at the edge of the bed fiddling with his palms. "I missed you too." I said clearing my throat. "You said you missed me yesterday and I never said it back." I laid back down and he joined me. My head on his chest as he ran his hand up and down my arm. The silence was comforting.

Just then, Tyler and Zoe walked in laughing then saw Joe and I, their eyebrows raising. "oooooh" Tyler begins and Zoe shushes him while laughing. Joe and I didn't really move but I sat up. "We're all going to get breakfast, you lovebirds coming?" Zoe says smiling. I roll my eyes laughing. "I've got a hangover. I think I'll pass." Zoe's eyes moved to Joe. "I'm gonna stay, to watch over this crazy one." he snickers and I playfully hit his arm. Zoe and Tyler head off with the rest of them.

I laid back down and Joe laying next to me putting his arm around me pulling me close to him. (spooning) "I like being with you, Joe." he kissed my cheek. "who wouldn't?" we laughed and i fell back asleep.

Zoe's POV
"how come Joe and Dani aren't here?" Alfie asks. I'm not sure if they wanted people knowing or not.

"Dani has a hangover and Joe's watching her."

"don't we all." Joey says laughing. "hey you could have stayed too!"
"Actually Zoe you made us come here" Caspar butts in.

"He's got a point." Marcus chiming in.
"okay okay shut up! I just wanted them to have some alone time" I smile to myself and everyone giggles and says "ooooh" I guess everyone already knew they have a thing.