Chapter Five

Amy's POV:

When I finally got home Charlotte was there waiting for me.
"Where were you?!" Becca demanded catapulting into my arms. I fight the urge to push her off me. The embrace too unfamiliar after spending so much time with Sebastian. Looking over her shoulder at Charlotte and then around the room again. I shrug and step back away from them both.
"We need to talk..." Charlotte suddenly says and I nod.
"Follow me!" I lead her to my room which is still majorly the library with my bed hidden on the other side past the book shelves. She takes a seat on one of the couches and I take off Bassy's coat; revealing the t-shirt and sweats he gave me to use.
"What happened?"
"I nearly got sold to the slave traders last night..." I reply flatly pulling aside the collar to reveal the wolf's paw tattoo.
"Oh my gawd!" Charlotte gasps covering her mouth with her hand.
"Luckily Sebastian and William got there in time... and saved me... again!" I continued and showed her the locking bracelet.
"He gave you that?!" her eyes go wide.
"Yes..." My mind whirls around all the possibilities. She should guess and know what he is to me and I can't lie to him... I can't keep doing this for them!
"I don't know if they were involved with the slave traders or if Sebastian knows about Argo and Lyle working with them behind his back!"
"Your sister will have to go back to the asylum if we don't get something substantial."
"I know Argo and Lyle are the ones who branded me... I also know that all the vampires who were in the room were killed."
"Where are they?" she asked.
"Last I saw Lyle and Argo they were tumbling down into a fire pit... and the others were still at Lyle's mansion."
"Well we have no jurisdiction there so we can't confirm that..." Charlotte says thoughtfully. I say nothing because I haven't got more for her and I'm not willing to offer her anything more either.

Charlotte questioned me some more about the slave traders who were now dead and then finally I found a solution.
"Charlotte I want you to ward the house so no supernaturals can ever enter here. My mum and sister need more protection!"
"If I do this... what will you do?" she asks quietly.
"I will move in with Sebastian and tell you everything you need to know," I lie somewhat convincingly.
"Okay!"
"Good..." I reply and then walk her out.
"What time do you want me to do the spell?"
"Midnight... tonight!" I declare and she nods before Becca appears opening the front door to let her out.

I call Becca into the kitchen and have coffee with her; explaining how I stayed over at a friend's house because I worked the late shift at the café. Becca seemed to accept it and then started telling me all about how boring her day was. Somehow the conversation shifted to what it was like at the asylum. She told me all about the horror, the countless meds, the screaming insanity and Max. She spoke about Max the way I thought about Sebastian. Only two things were certain after speaking to her; number one: I would do everything in my power to keep her out of there and number two: I would never betray Sebastian.

When Becca went to the TV den to watch a movie I grabbed the note pad from beside the telephone and a pen and wrote down a short note. My final note.

Dear Becca
I know you and mum are going to be okay.
Max sounds like a great guy. I wish one day I could meet him...
I love you a lot little sister.
Don't worry, I'm gonna make the monsters go away.
I love you. Always and forever!
Amy.

Folding up the letter, I tucked it into my bedside table and then had a shower and dressed in jeans and a white t-shirt. Grabbing the note I stuffed it into my pocket and then I head downstairs to watch some movies with Becca, knowing this will be my last. After nearly four hours straight of watching movies, Becca was finally exhausted and ready to call it quits.

I sat down heavily on my bed and stared at the cupboard. This was all too much, how could I possibly choose between my mate and my little sister?! Slowly I lay back and looked up at the ceiling. This was drastic, but it was the only way I could think of to keep Becca safe and to protect Sebastian. If he was involved with the slave traders and now all of them are dead, if this was his secret I had to keep it, he deserved that much after everything he's done for me. Charlotte's spell would activate a few minutes and once it did all of this would be over. Sebastian would be free and mum wouldn't ever have to worry about vampires entering the house again! I couldn't be used as a pawn by anyone if I was dead! My heart ached when I thought about Sebastian and what this would do to him, but I wanted him to be happy, I wanted him to have everything he wanted - he deserved better than a scarred weak fledgling. I closed my eyes as the clock struck midnight. Everyone was asleep and I promised myself I wouldn't wake them.

At first it was harmless little tingles, but then it felt like the air was being sucked out of my lungs. The excruitiating agony wrecked through my body and I thrashed about forcing myself to stay on the bed.
"Amy?! You're sacrificing yourself to keep everyone else safe!!" I snarled when instinct commanded me to jump out of bed and leave the house. Self-preservation urged me to move, to call out for help when the rustic taste of blood filled my mouth, but I refused.

Something warm trickled down my nose and down my cheeks. My eyes burned and I quickly brushed my hand across my face to find blood covering my fingers. Black spots danced in my vision and then I close my eyes and surrender to darkness. I don't know how to describe the pulse of pain that suddenly went through my body. Every time my heart beats it's like a jolt of electricity runs through me and then I hear him, his voice calling out for me. He sounds so sad, so unhappy.
"Amy, please... don't leave! Amy come back to me my love!"

Sebastian's POV:

My heart clenched and the necklace with Amy's key burned, both happened so suddenly that I dropped my pen and looked up at the window, I frowned and took a millisecond longer to make the connection.
"Amy!!" I gasped lunging out of my chair and grabbing my coat as I threw open the window and flung myself out of it. I hit the ground running for Amy's house. A witch stood in the garden chanting a protection spell over the house. My senses heightened with the smell of blood. My mate's blood, I rushed at the witch and knocked her unconscious to stop the spell and then scaled the wall to get onto the roof and raced across it for Amy's window. Telekinetically I opened it, rushed into the room and nearly crumpled to my knees at the sight.

Amy lay unconscious on her bed blood pooling all around her. Just like it was the first night we met. Panic rose in my chest and I felt fear like I never have before.
"Don't you dare leave me Amy!" I snarl and cover the distance between us in a single leap. I grab her and try to wake her, but she's lost too much blood, she's too weak. There's only one way left to save her. I don't even think about it. I had been putting this off until she was ready now it was this or nothing. I turn her head to the side and bite down into her neck. Forcing my venom into her bloodstream - completing out mating bond.
"Amy, please don't leave! Amy come back to me my love!" I beg her holding her close and kissing her face. Her heart shudders and then stops and I feel my world come crashing down on me at the thought of her dying in my arms and that suffocating fear returns one hundred fold to drown me in my mate's blood .

It feels like an eternity later when Amy jerks, her body taking in a large gulp of air, her eyes fly open. They're a gorgeous amethyst colour.
"Amy! Oh Baby!!" I exclaim and kiss her hard. She reacts; turning in my arms, climbing up and straddling me all the while our lips are locked; her tongue swirling teasingly around mine. When I pull back, she growls adorably and I chuckle kissing the tip of her nose. She opens her mouth, showing off her eyeteeth and her pink little tongue. She makes a soft whine and her teeth lengthen the red tinge of venom pooling at the very tip. Her eyes turn a darker shade crimson as she looks up at me; she wriggles her hips and wraps her legs around my waist, fearlessly positioning my hips snugly between hers. She whines and bares her throat to me and I immediately realize her intention.

"First you have to feed Baby!" I whisper, placing my hand around her hips and pulling her closer to me. I get up and shiver when I feel her tongue slide up my neck and I growl at her when she nips my ear playfully.
"Sebastian..." I freeze at the need I hear in her voice, only it's not her literal voice calling out for me - it her telepathic one, because we are mates we share a bond linking us to each other, this bond allows me to hear her thoughts and her mine, how she knows to use it right now is beyond me, but I'm more than happy to return the favour.
"Amy..." I whisper telepathically back to her. She trembles and moans, grinding her hips against me. She's making it even harder for me to control myself. She gives a little whimper and tucks her face under the collar of my shirt licking and kissing a trail up and down the side of my neck.
"I want you to be my first taste Sebastian..." her whisper is like heat flooding into my system and I growl feeling my control slipping further at how hot that sounded.
"Let's go home my Little Love!" I command and jump out of her window and head home still carrying her. Her lips move away from my throat to my jaw and then to my ear.
"Sebastian..." she whispers aloud and my body burns with a fire I've never felt before.

We end up in my room again and we both collapse on the bed. She purrs, nuzzling into my chest and kissing my cheek, her hands moving to take my shirt off. I growl and tear off her flimsy blood soaked one and then peel the denim clinging to her legs.
"Mine!" I growl and move up to her, giving her ghost kisses as punishment. "You naughty Little Mate! You tried to take yourself away from me!" I snarl and bite onto her lip until she whimpers.