Chapter Two

Becca's POV:

"Amy is better suited for working undercover Barton..." Charlotte says after a while. Barton turns to her and then frowns. Amy leans over the table and I realize either she's grown taller or the table has shrunk.
"Also," she grabs the photos from Barton's hands so quickly that I almost don't see it. "This is wrong!" she starts arranging them across the table. Her fingers linger momentarily on the photograph of the man named Sebastian. Everyone watches her in surprise.
"Sebastian is in charge. His brother Lyle is trying to overthrow him and William is Sebastian's right hand man and Argo is the 3rd in command." Her voice is void, but her fist is clenched as if giving up this information is difficult for her. She steps back and sits down again so gracefully, it's almost disturbing.

Charlotte and Barton gape at her, but Collette finds her voice quick enough to ask.
"How do you know this?" there is genuine curiosity in her eyes.
"I know William and I had a fling with Sebastian." She says her eyes locked on Charlotte. There's another tense moment between the two of them and then Collette clears her throat.
"So we're good right?" mum asks her eyes fixed on Barton. "I mean with Amy taking Becca's place?"
"Yes..." Barton says looking down at the photos. Amy nods and a secretive smile plays on her lips and Charlotte coughs to hide her smirk in response, they both look at Barton.
"I think that's uhh.... that's all," he stammers under the gaze of all the women seated around him.
"And my sister's records?"
"Will be cleared as you requested..." Charlotte declares her voice low and almost submissive?! I look around the table, but no one else seems to have noticed.

After everything has been discussed and finalized Amy walks them out and Mum turns to me.
"So Becca... would you like to have a welcome home-"
"PARTY! Yes please!!" I scream before mum can even finish her sentence. Amy returns with the phone book and begins calling up our friends to invite them while mum starts making the calls to organize food and music for tonight.

I head upstairs to my old room just to see it and get settled in. Fighting tears, I nudge open the door and freeze. Amy's stuff is gone?!
Besides that everything is exactly the same, but somehow it feels cold without her things here. I take a seat on my bed and look around the room.
"I'm home..." I whisper and then let out a sobbing laugh. Suddenly someone knocks on the door and I jump up to let Amy in.
"Hey... are you okay?" she asks her voice soft and tender.
"Yeah... you? I see your stuff is all gone?" I reply quietly as we both take a seat on my bed.
"Yeah, I converted the inner section of the library into my room seeing as I spend so much time there..." although her voice is gentle I feel like she's hiding something and then another thought occurs to me, how does she know vampires?! Last time I was around she wanted nothing to do with any of this!
"Amy, are you sure you're okay? How do you know vampires? You always said you didn't want to get involved-"
"Yeah... well it just sort of happened..." she stands up and smiles down at me, but it isn't her old smile, this one seems forced and slightly too practiced.
"It's good to have you home!" she says before she ruffles my hair and then leaves my room. I jump up to chase after her, but mum catches me and calls me down to help her with setting up for the party.

Charlotte's POV:

Sebastian the vampire mafia boss doesn't just have flings with anyone?! And this fledgling say she knows William... how can she be so casual about it? Was William the vampire who changed her? He must be, because there's no way Sebastian would. But then there's that fire I saw in her eyes when Barton threatened her sister. I know that look, I may be a strong witch, but even I know how far never to push a fledgling and if this girl has that much pent up rage inside her she will be even more deadly when she becomes a vampire.
"So what do you think?" Barton asks.
"About?" I ask busy looking up anything I can find on Becca's mysterious sister. Unfortunately there isn't anything, so I know that the vampire's have already cleared her off our servers because she's one of them... or will be, depending if the one who changed her allows her to completes the transformation. William would, of course he would change her.

"About our spy... how did she know more about the cartel than we do?"
"Simple because she's a Fledgling!" I state and glance up at him.
"What?!" Barton splutters choking on air for the second time today. I fight the urge to roll my eyes, instead I sigh and sit back.
"That's why I suggested her to work undercover because she is already a fledgling..."
"But what if she becomes a Familiar?"
"She's seems like a fairly new Fledgling, barely a month or more old... if she does become a Familiar than we can't trust her anymore...But I doubt that will happen, I believe William is the one who changed her and he doesn't strike me as one to let a Familiar follow him around."
"Let's hope it doesn't come to that..." Barton says and then we both turn to our computers and go back to doing our paper work.