Chapter 13- Dusty, Old Baker Street.

Mulai dari awal

I went to answer but an uneasy shout from downstairs cut me off, "Urm, Detective Inspector! You're really going to want to see this!"

My eyes widened at both John and Lestrade, then, as the paramedics rushed Kate out the room I turned and hurried out with them. "Darcy!" John called out after me but I just walked quickly towards my room.

Upon getting there, I sat on my bed and took a deep breath. My body went numb and my arms limp, the baton clattered to the floor with a bang. I buried my face in my hands to calm myself down a bit and then rested my hands in front of my face in a prayer like position.

I didn't know what was going on outside my room and frankly I didn't care, this was all happening too quickly. I couldn't trust myself, the two people I needed to talk to weren't even here or conscious to tell me what to do. I'd gotten used to all this and I liked it, in some ways I didn't want to leave.

"Get a bag together." I heard Lestrade say from my bedroom door and I looked up to see him stood with a wide-eyed expression as he added, "That's not a request, get a bag together, you're coming with us."

I frowned and asked, "What? No, handcuffs?"

"No-" He started but then huffed and said instead, "We're taking you somewhere safe."

I chuckled and commented under my breath, "Yeah, apparently everyone wants me to be somewhere safe."

"Just, get your stuff and meet us downstairs." He ordered and then left me. I listened for his footsteps to die down before getting up and crossing over to my wardrobe.

I felt around in the bottom to find a gym type bag big enough to put some clothes in, I went for a mixture of dresses, shirts and trousers. Just any that came to hand first. Then put a spare pair of heels in, just in case but not my boots, they'd been taken away along with any remnants of the clothes I used to own.

My coat. Moriarty took my precious coat from me the first day he took me. How could I have forgotten it?

I sighed and put my black heels on, then slipped Scott's jacket over my shoulders and put my phone in the pocket before grabbing my bag and heading out the bedroom. There was less of a hustle and bustle now, more a contented search and examine atmosphere.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs, Lestrade and John were holding Sherlock up straight but his head was limp to one side. I hitched the bag up to my shoulder and glanced to my left to see the door to the basement open wide, a police officer was stood outside it as another just left.

Both were stood looking at me with wide eyes and so I turned my attention back to Lestrade and John who were looking at me with pity in their eyes. "What?" I asked sternly and put a hand in one of the pockets of my jacket to find my phone.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the officers by the basement pointed down and stuttered, "D-Down there, I-It's..."

"I'm perfectly aware of what's down there, I spend time there frequently." I cut him of with a bored tone and then looked at Lestrade, "So, where am I being taken?"

Lestrade and John shared a look before Sherlock started to slip and they lifted him back up again. So John just gestured to the door, "Help me get him back to Baker Street, yeah?" I just stared at him and didn't answer, so he added, "Come on, Darcy, please."

I took one last glance at the basement door before sighing, "Fine." With that, I walked purposefully to the front door and then down the front steps.

I heard the men behind me struggling to keep Sherlock upright down the steps, so I stopped and waited for them. "You know..." John grumbled, "...when I said help..." He grunted as they almost dropped Sherlock, "... I meant for you to actually help."