3.o - young forever

"Me too," I said to her. "Me too," I said and kissed her forehead.

The curtain comes down, my breath is getting shorter. I feel so complicated, I breathe out. Did I make any mistakes today, how were the expressions on the audience..?

All of the sudden, the sky changed colour. It wasn't the regular kind of dark, but the scary and dangerous kind of dark. I looked at Sihyun and saw looking up at the sky. She immediately began shaking her head but I don't understand what's going on.

"Oh my god," Sihyun said softly but it was loud enough for me to hear.

I looked around and saw all the spirits that we roaming around disappeared.

"What's going on?" I asked Sihyun.

"We have to run, now," Sihyun said and we both immediately began running with our hands locked together.

"Is something wrong?" I asked Sihyun and she nods in fear.

"Yea, something is wrong. Terribly wrong," Sihyun said.

When we found a place to hide, I saw other spirits having mixed expressions on their faces.

"What's actually going on? Can you tell me?" I asked Sihyun feeling really confused and kind of frustrated.

But I'm still happy that I became this way - so that I can see the love my life's face, when I hold lingering feelings and look at the still dark sky...

"Every four days, this will happen," Sihyun said. "There's someone controlling us and the person usually find people that break their rules and does something really bad to them."

I looked up and watch lightings starting to appear. Sihyun's kind of afraid of lightning.

"I'm scared," I heard Sihyun mumbled to herself.

"Don't worry, I'm here," I said and hugged her tightly. "You know, I'm happy that I'm here with you, no matter what happens," I whispered to her and I felt a small smile appearing on her face.

I then held on to her soft and delicate hands and rubbed them to make her feel safe in my arms while looking up at the dark sky.

When I look at the dark sky, I get scared from how scary its aura is released. Between complicated feelings and the intersectionalities of life, I pretend like I'm numb...

"Doyoung-ah, aren't you scared?" Sihyun asked.

"No, not at all? Why?" I replied to her.

I'll be honest, I was very scared. What if the ones that will be taken away? But, for her sake, I must be strong and not show any fear.

"Because I see someone coming our way," Sihyun said.

"I can't be scared, because I need to protect you," I replied to her.

"The person is getting nearer," Sihyun said softer and with more fear.

"Just close your eyes," I said to her. "No matter what happens, I will never leave you."

"Okay," she replied and closed her eyes.

I followed her and closed my eyes and said: "I will never ever leave you, I promise."

This isn't my first time, it's about time I get used to it. I try to hide it but I can't When the dark sky starts to lighten up, I find myself in another location...