Chapter 31- Power Transfer

Ozaki's P.O.V.

"Your fight is with me." His voice was dark and angry. I felt my knees collapse under me and I landed on my stomach. I looked up weakly.

"Sesshomaru it won't be easy." My voice was barely a whisper. I wasn't sure if he could hear me. He was going to need help but I couldn't move.

I watched as the battle progressed slowly. Neither would give. Both had wounds that had affected them. I then couldn't take it any longer.

"Sesshomaru!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I could tell his attention turned to me. I sent out my hand toward him and I sent my power towards him. Growing weak again as I gave my power to him.

Sesshomaru fell to his knees in unbearable pain. I could tell that he was trying not to scream out in agony.

'There are still some things you don't know about me.' I smirked. He looked at me and I saw that his eyes were red. The dragon took this as an opening. He launched himself at Sesshomaru.

"Your dead." He screeched. I watched hoping Sesshomaru would move. At the last second Sesshomaru moved out of the way and the dragon bit into dirt and grass. Sesshomaru had (with long hair instead of short). I smirked knowing the dragon was in for it. He had his chance now he would surely die.

Sesshomaru launched himself at the dragon who was too surprised to react. Sesshomaru's claws dug though the dragon's wing making him flightless.

"You shouldn't underestimate the bond between dragon and their partners." Sesshomaru was walking slowly toward the wounded dragon. The dragon looked up at him with fear.

"Go ahead. I deserve to die for my crimes." I smiled at the dragon's confession. All dragons came through eventually.

'Wait Sesshomaru.' My voice was calm and gentle. I struggled to stand up but did so. I walked over to where the dragon lay awaiting its fate. I put a hand on Sesshomaru's shoulder taking my power I had lended him. I then turned to the dragon and again placed my hand on its snout.

"Go in peace all is forgiven." He looked up at me and took his last breath. I watched as his sides grew still and his labored breaths grew quite.

"Ozaki!" I turned around and saw Rin running toward me. She jumped into my arms.

"Don't run off like that." I laughed at her motherly tone only to wince remembering my injury. She gasped and dashed back into the trees. I fell back against Sesshomaru who wrapped his arm around me. He gently lowered me to the ground.

My hands rested over my wound which was bleeding profusely. I hissed as pain surged through my body. Rin came back with some herbs in hand. She applied the herbs and I could already feel them working thanks to my demon healing.

"Ozaki your not going to die again are you?" I smiled.

"No Rin not this time don't worry. I promise not to leave you again okay? If I do I will always return." She nodded and curled up against me careful not to hurt me. None of us could imagine what was to happen.