Things Not Forgotten

Hi there beautiful things you! First offical story on Wattpad so be kind, please comment comment and or comment I need feedback and how it sounds so far...I'm like a thirsty person in a dessart with no water..hence the thirsty part!

Prologue

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as the jeep rumbled and jolted with every rock or patch of dirt we hit. The air surrounding us was humid and dusty. I could feel that my face was streaked with dirt and I could feel the sweat sliding down my face only to trinkle down my equally dusted shirt. I didn't dare wipe the dirt or sweat off my face in fear that I would accidentally drop the already weathered journal I palmed in my hands. At the rate these jeeps were moving if I dropped the journal on this blood stained road I would never get it to her and she had to get it. In the distance I could hear my commanding officer shouting orders through the standard walkie talkie and chose to ignore the staticky demand and focus on what I had been writing before we were ordered to pack up camp and set on the main roads again. I wasn't sure if I was ready to send the journal off yet; for the past 6 months writing in it had been my only source of sanity and peace I almost felt wrong about sending the journal to her its been so long since I've last seen her. she's probably moved on with her life and forgotten all about me and I should leave her at that happiness she's most likely found without me, but some twisted part of my soul wanted her to remember me if nobody else did I wanted her to. Although it sounded selfish I needed her to know.   I shifted the journal in my hands and unraveled the course string I tied around it to keep everything I ever wrote inside I opened the journal a little to retrieve the small picture I kept on the last page I had written and held it to the light so I could see it better the movement caused the driver to cast a side ways glance in my direction. A knowing smile spread across the man's face as I lifted the picture higher a whistle resounded of the jeep interior followed by a vioce I had grown used to over the years, “ whew thats the fine little thing you got waiting back home for ya?” I shook my head not wanting to entertain what I actually had waiting back at home for me.   Ever so slightly I put the picture back inside the journal. It was funny that this feeling I had in my gut was screaming that my end was near the fact I could almost taste death on my tongue, but what really had me reeling was the fact that everytime the jeep would hit a rock to hard I swore I could hear her laughter, and everytime the sun shone to bright I could swear I seen her smile and when god decided to be kind and cry a little on this forsaken land I again swore I smelled her through the rain ahh how I missed the way she smelled. Yup when a man got to thinking about what he lost fate was screaming it was the end. I looked back down at the journal and before the huge explosion that took out the two vehicles in front of us my final thoughts was I had to get this to her......