"Well, that should work."

"Did she confess to it?"

"Only in so many words. Her exact words were that she is a dominant. Doesn't really matter anyway since we have the video with that Cam guy. Although, when I said I was going to expose her, she did say we'll see about that."

He grabs my hand and I place my other one over his comfortingly. "When is the video going to release?"

"Eleven. We have a couple hours."

"What do you suspect will happen, Iris?"

"Well, when the information about the lawsuit gets out, I suspect the media will be all over it. She'll have to stay hidden for a while, I'm sure Vance will see to that. I'm also pretty sure we'll receive a call from Mr. Waters within the hour."

Stellan exhales, settling back. "God, I'm sorry I'm putting you through this."

I reach over and clasp his face, turning his jaw towards me. He stares at me wordlessly as I lean in, set on kissing his worries away.

...

When my house phone blares loudly, we both sit up straighter in our place on the couch, staring at the phone apprehensively. I glance over at Stellan, breathing deeply and reach out for it.

"Remember, recorded line," he reminds as I stand up, answering it.

"Iris Tremaine."

"Yes, Miss Tremaine... I'm glad I got you. This is Vance Waters, Constantine's husb-"

"I know who you are, Mr. Waters."

He's quiet for a moment. "I believe you spoke with my wife earlier tonight."

"I did."

"Yes, well, she has informed me that you have some rather distressing material that I'd like- very much to stay hidden. I am willing to make it worth your while to keep this between us."

"I'm not interested in your money, Mr. Waters. You hurt someone I love- there is no going back from that."

"Ah, Stellan Reid is it?"

"Correct."

"... May I ask you a question?"

I stare out of the window, aware of Stellan's anxious gaze on my back. "Of course."

"Do you even know this man? Or has he just been there for you as he was there for my wife? Because I can assure you- it was not love for him."

"You destroyed his life. Your wife paid for his services-"

"He was with her for months, Miss Tremaine. Tell me, do you understand what it feels like to know your partner enjoys the company of others?"

"I do, yes."

"So, surely, you know what it feels like to want to rip that person from their life by any means necessary?"

I press my lips together and shake my head. "It's one thing to want- and another to act on it. What you did was wrong- in every sense. You put him in the hospital-"

"He put her in the hospital!" he answers loudly and I feel the blood drain from my face.

"You're lying."

"I have the hospital records to prove it, Miss Tremaine. He hurt my wife- which is the reason I did what I did."

"... I don't believe you."

"If you go through with this lawsuit, I will come at both of you with this, I swear to God!"

I feel Stellan's hand on my shoulder and I look down at his other outstretched hand. I stare at him worriedly but he nods, reassuring me. I hand it over to him hesitantly and he raises it to his ear.

"Mr. Waters, this is Stellan Reid."

The voice on the other end heightens but Stellan cuts him off, looking down at his watch.

"It is now two minutes after eleven. You may want to stop spewing your lies to Iris and focus on more important matters. You will be hearing from my lawyer presently. Do not contact either of us again."

I look over to the clock and press my lips together. The video is out. 

...

I pull the nightgown over my head, more tired than I've been in a while. Grasping the gown off the bed, I walk over to the closet, aware of Stellan's gaze following me. Pulling open the double doors, I walk into the room, skirting around the cushioned bench in the middle of it. My fingers pull the mirrored door open and I reach for a hanger.

"... You do know that he was lying, right?"

I turn, finding him leaned against the door in maroon sweats and hang up the gown. "Yes."

"I would never- hurt her."

"I know that, Stellan."

"Look at me, Iris."

I look up from the carpet and raise my brows expectantly. "What?"

"Please tell me you know that."

I move around the island and nod, walking up to him. He looks down as I entwine my fingers with his softly.

"I trust you. I believe you trust me too... I believe we have a relationship where we can be open and honest with each other. If you say you haven't done something- then I will believe you. It's as simple as that, Stellan."

His mouth curves warmly on one side as he runs his thumb along the edge of my hand. The look of relief on his face speaks volumes. "Thank you."