12: Feelings and Transplants

*Warning-There will be POV changes that might be confusing. Enjoy!*

Joey's POV

I can't see anything. There's only darkness. I hear sirens coming from every direction. I can't feel anything either. Am I dead?

Cat's POV

11 pm

It's near the middle of the night and I get a phone call.

Cat: *talks half asleep* Hello?

Person: Hello, are you Cat Valdes?

Cat: Yes, and who are you?

Person: I am a nurse for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. I am sorry to tell you this but your friend Joseph Graceffa has been in an accident.

Cat: What?! Oh no, Joey... I'll be there right away.

I can't believe Joey got in an accident! I hope he's ok. I quickly put on some clothes and drive to the hospital.

*At the Hospital*
(Still Cat's POV)

I rush into the hospital and talk to the receptionist.

"Where's Joey?!" I tell her. "Calm down Miss. What is your name?" she asks me. "I'm Cat Valdes," I tell her. "Ah, yes. One of our nurses called you. Joey is in surgery right now. We will call you when he's out." I nod and tell her, "Thank you."

I sit down and start praying for Joey. *sigh* I need to tell Joey something. I never told him how I feel. I have always liked Joey. He needs to know that. Oh God, please protect Joey.

Joey's POV

I can't see anything but I can hear muffled voices. I can decipher some of their sentences though.

Voice 1: Oh no. It looks like his left lung has been punctured. The good news is that it didn't do major damage.

Voice 2: I have some bad news. His liver has been torn. It's a major problem.

Voice 1: Crap. He will have to get an emergency transplant. We'll have to use the clamp to .....

I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation. Will I live? I have two organs punctured! I have to live, for Meghan.
———————————————————
Author's Note

Hello beautiful people! Shay here. I'm sorry I haven't updated for a long long time. If I haven't updated in awhile, don't think I've given up. Have you seen Meghan's Instagram? I thinks it's official that John and Meghan are dating. I'm so proud of Meghan for finding love 💏. Congrats girl! I would also like to say thank you for reading this book because it has reached the big 1-0-0! Well technically it's 103 but still. Always wouldn't have gotten that without you so give yourself a pat on the back. So again, thank you for all the reads. I love you guys and gals! So always, stay young. Stay hungry. BAII ✌️
-Shay