7: In Love?

Joey's POV

I'm driving back to the apartment. I feel so bad for Sawyer. I left him there alone. I just arrived at the apartment. I run into our place.

"Sawyer! I'm back!" I yell. I see Sawyer pacing around the room. "Joey!" Sawyer shouts as he hugs me. I hug him back. "When did you get back?" I ask him. "Last night." He responds. "How long were you with Meghan?" He asks. "Last night and this morning." I respond.

Sawyer gives me the eyebrows. "Ok. So what happened with Meghan?" He asks. "That stupid jerk, Jimmy, broke her heart. She didn't take it well. Meghan didn't talk to anyone for 3 weeks. It broke my heart not talking to her." I sigh after the last sentence.

Sawyer was going to say something but I kept talking about Meghan. "I'm just so angry. She doesn't deserve this. Meghan's too good for that douchebag. She's so beautiful. Her smile is one of the seven wonders of the world.*sigh* Meghan deserves a better guy. Like me." I just noticed what I said. I look at Sawyer. He's in shock. I quickly fix myself. "I mean a guy that will respect her and treat her right."

Sawyer smiles at me and then says "You love her, right?" Without any thought I say "Yea, I do." Wow I can't believe I said that. Sawyer says "I knew it all this time. And I think you did too." He goes into the kitchen, probably getting a rice cake.

No wonder I kept daydreaming about her. I'm in love with her. I guess I've been in love with Meghan the first time I saw her but I have the weird feeling now because she's single. So that's the case. I'm in love with my best friend.
——————————————————
Author's Note

Hello beautiful people! Shay again. I'm so sorry for not updating for a million years. So I haven't given up. I'm just not very good at wording my thoughts out. 52 reads!! Woohoo! Someone get the sparkling cider out! Thank you so much for the reads. You don't know how much it means to me. And also thanks to my first follower,Gigi2k . So I'm going to end this note here. I love you guys and gals. So always, stay young. Stay hungry. BAII ✌️
(P.S. Did anyone catch the Paper Towns quote? Good luck!)

-Shay