14: Love and Anesthesia

Cat's POV
(1:32 am)

I walk with the nurse to Joey's room. Before we go in, I stop in front of the door. Oh gosh, why am I nervous? I shouldn't be. I guess I'm afraid to see Joey in pain.

The nurse looks at me with concern and asks, "Miss, are you ok?" I just gave her a little nod of the head.(I'm weird, ok.)

"Ok. Before we go in, I have to tell you again that Joey is still on anesthesia. He may be awake and if he is, the anesthesia will make him a little confused. Joey may say random things. You can still talk to him, but he may not understand. Are you ready?"

There's a little moment of silence but then I say, "I'm ready." The nurse nods and opens Joey's door. I step in first.

Oh my gosh. I should've expected this but I guess I was hoping not to. Joey had tubes sticking out of him and his face had glass marks.

"I'll let you have time to be alone with Joey. If there's any problems, there is a button to call me over there," the nurse says. I respond, "Ok, thank you." She smiles at me and leaves while closing the door.

I pull up a chair next to Joey's bed. He's still sleeping. I grab his hand and lay my head on the side of the bead. I start crying again. I stay here for about 20 minutes. I might just leave now but suddenly I hear a low sound coming from Joey.

Joey's POV

Ugh. There's so much pain. I look around and I'm in a hospital room. My vision is really blurry and I feel drowsy. But I see something that catches my eye.

I look to my left and there's a brown-haired girl with her head down. That has to be Meghan! I suddenly don't feel the pain anymore. Just Meghan being here makes it go away.

I have to tell her how I feel, now. I can't hold it in anymore. I gather up all my strength and say a weak, "Meghan.." It comes out as a moan but I get her attention.

Meghan turns her head towards me. She immediately stands up and says, "Joey!" I can't really see her face because of my foggy vision but I don't care. Meghan is all I care about right now.

I smile at Meghan. She seemed surprised and happy at the same time. Meghan was crying tears of joy. Ok, I have to tell her now.

"Meghan, I'm so glad you're here." She looked so surprised and confused but I kept going. "I have to tell you something really important. Meghan, you mean so much to me. You are the best thing about living. You're always so happy and positive. Meghan Camarena...I..love you." She was about to say something but I kept going.

"I have been in love with you ever since I met you. When we were shooting 'Oh Darling', you were so cute and I felt like we really were in love. I wanted to kiss you so bad. But I knew you probably didn't feel the same way and we would just be friends. When you were dating Jimmy, it broke my heart watching you fall in love with somebody else. Every time I looked at you, I just saw everything I wanted. When you broke up with Jimmy, I wanted to hurt him so bad because he didn't deserve you. Last night, I was driving to your apartment to tell you I love you. But all of a sudden, I crashed. All I was thinking about when I was out, was you. You're on my mind all the time. I love you so much and I always will.  You're my everything. My Meghansan." I started tearing up in the middle.

Meghan looked so shocked and she couldn't say anything. All of a sudden a nurse comes in.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but we have to ask you to go back to the waiting room. We have to check on Joey and he needs his sleep," the nurse says.

Meghan turns around and walks out slowly. The nurse checks my IV and other stuff. She gives me food and this weird drink thing. After everything is checked, the nurse leaves.

I'm so happy that I told Meghan my feelings. I close my eyes and sleep peacefully.

Cat's POV
(2:10 am)

Oh my gosh. Joey thought I was Meghan! The most surprising thing is that Joey loves Meghan! But the nurse said that Joey might say crazy things. That was just the anesthesia, right? I don't know anymore. I'm so confused and sad. I don't know what to do.

I walk back to the waiting room. David is waiting there, patiently. He stands up and walks towards me.

"How was Joey?" David asks. I still have tears in my eyes but I just responded, "He's good." David gives me a look of concern. "Are you sure?" I just nod at him. "I just need some space. I'll be in the bathroom." David nods at me and says, "Alright."

I walk to the bathroom. The tears start falling again. It hurts hearing that Joey loves Meghan, not me. When we kissed 2 times for the truth and dare video, I thought he really felt something too.

I stay in the bathroom for 15 more minutes, thinking about this whole situation. I finally come out of the bathroom and wait in the waiting room with David. A couple minutes later, nothing happens. But a familiar someone comes through the door saying, "Joey, I'm here!"

Meghan's POV
(2:30 am)

Finally, I'm here at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. I get my stuff out and pay the taxi man. I run through the doors, with my stuff. I yell, "Joey, I'm here!"

Everyone was staring at me. I recognized two faces in the room:David and Cat. David stood up and hugged me. I hugged back.

I let go of the hug and said to David, "What happened to Joey? Where is he?" David's smile quickly disappeared. "Joey got in a bad car accident. They say he was driving fast on a side road and he....he swerved into an electric pole. Joey was minorly shocked. Two of his organs were punctured. They had to do an emergency transplant. But Joey is going to be ok."

I couldn't hold it in at the end. I fell to the floor, crying. My hands were covering my face to hide my tears and myself from this awful world.

It hurts so much to hear your best friend in pain. Why did this have to happen to Joey? I hate my life! First, Jimmy broke up with me. Second, Joey got in an accident!

"I'm sorry, Meghan." I turn around to see David kneeling next to me. He was crying a little too. I place my head on his chest and continue to cry. David comforts and shushes me silently.

David and I eventually get off of the floor and sit on the chairs. I rest my head on his shoulder. We stay like this for awhile.

David stiffens up and looks around. "What's wrong, Dave?" I ask him. "Cat's not here."
———–—–——————————————
Author's Note

Hello beautiful people! Shay here. Sorry that I haven't updated in awhile. I know I said I tried to update more but I guess I'm just lazy. I will try harder to get these chapters out quickly. I'm going on vacation next week so the next chapter might not come out in awhile or it may, I don't know. My holiday is on the 4th of July holiday. (See what I did there😉)
Oh and I made this chapter long like the last one. Do you like them this long? I get carried away with these chapters and they just come out longer. Well I hope all y'all have a safe and awesome 4th of July! Thank you so much for all the reads! I love you guys and gals so much! So always, stay young. Stay hungry. BAII ✌️
-Shay