Julian decided to be nosy and poked around her bedroom. He picked up all of the small trinkets scattered around and deduced that Trinity was an amateur hoarder. His eyes found a photo of Trinity in a cheer uniform, surrounded by a group of similarly dressed girls.

Trinity had a bright, excited smile. Her eyes were shining and she looked so different. She was still beautiful, but compared to this picture, she was more gaunt. The differences made Julian's brows furrow in confusion. What was wrong with her?

Trinity came out of her bathroom, brushing her hair. "Hey, how did you even get in-"

She stopped when she saw him looking at her photo. She knew she wasn't the same girl in the picture. That girl was beautiful, vibrant even. Trinity was now a shell of a girl. Thin, sick and not nearly as gorgeous as she had once been.

There was a question on Julian's lips. Trinity could see it in his eyes. With her own, she begged him not to ask it. She let out a sigh of relief as he obliged and answered her previous question.

"Your mom let me in. She also poked my dimple and told me she couldn't resist. I guess I know where you get your weird quirkiness from."

Trinity giggled and rolled her eyes, walking back into the bathroom to finish getting ready.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Julian and Trinity were now sitting in a booth, waiting on their food. After knowing each other for only a couple weeks, they were both surprised not only by how easy the conversation flowed between them, but also by how much they knew about each other. It was like they'd known one another in a past life.

Their food was placed in front of them, and Trinity wasted no time in diving in. She devoured nearly half of her burger before Julian could take two bites of his.

"Woah there, Darling. Slow down. You don't want to stuff yourself, you'll feel sick. You don't want then, not tonight anyways."

She sent him a confused look, "What d'ya mean?" she questioned around large bites of her burger.

He only winked and murmured, "trust me".

The rest of the meal was mostly silent, with the exception of a few side comments.

When it was nearing seven, Trinity thought it was time for them to start heading home. When she asked Julian if he was ready, the lights began to dim. A few stools had been placed by a cleared out area of the bar, along with a couple of mike stands. Julian smirked at Trinity and saw the realization dawn on her face.

"Show time," he chuckled.

To which she immediately responded, "No."

He wasn't having it though, and he snatched her wrist, dragging her over to the stools. They sat and he reached behind the bar to pull out an old guitar. He strummed, tuning it a little while whispering to her.

"Don't be afraid. You've had a stressful week, and I just wanted you to have fun tonight. Come on."

Trinity rolled her eyes. "I'm not afraid. I'm just not a great singer. At least, not in comparison to you."

Julian nudged her slightly. "Oh , shut up."

He nodded at her, signaling that he was going to being the song. "We good to go?"

The first few notes hit her ear drums and she smiled slightly at his choice.

She sang the first few lines.

All I knew this morning when I woke

Is I know something now, know something now I didn't before

And all I've seen since 18 hours ago is green eyes and freckles and your smile

in the back of my mind making me feel like

He joined her for the chorus and their voices glided together smoothly. Closing her eyes, Trinity nodded her head to the beat, losing herself in the song.

Julian picked up Ed's verse.

And all my walls stood tall painted blue

But I'll take them down, take them down and open up the door for you

And all I feel in my stomach is butterflies the beautiful kind

Making up for lost time, taking flight, making me feel like

The chorus hit again and Trinity smiled at the feeling that singing with Julian gave her. They had such a beautiful understanding of each other, and when music was put into the equation, that only grew. She threw her arm over his shoulder, careful to not interrupt his guitar playing as they sang the last few parts of the song.

The end was nowhere near perfect as she tried to hit the higher notes. They were rocky, but when the performance was over, Trintiy was nothing but delighted. She threw both arms around Julian in a tight hug and released him letting a loud laugh escape her lips.

The small crowd in the diner was still applauding and she let her gaze wander around the faces. She heard Julian faintly say something, but she couldn't find it in herself to focus on him as her eyes locked with an angry gaze in the crowd.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I updated! Hallelujah, I know hahaha.

So, for some reason chapter nine wasn't a part of the story? It was its own separate story on my page. Idk, I must have screwed it up, but it's been fixed!

Songs:

Roar//Katy Perry

Royals//Lorde

Everything Has Changed//Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran

Hoped that you liked this chapter! The last one wasn't as great as I would have liked, so hopefully this made up for it.

Lots of love!!

~Alyssa xx