Do you love me?

Tom woke up in a good mood. Another day at work was to begin soon. He was enjoying his job. It was easy and they paid well. He liked the hasty life of the company and the ever-rushing people working there. He was also hoping to see Jenny today.

Ah, yes, gorgeous Jenny. A tall, slim, beautiful co-worker. He liked her long blond hair and her eyes that seemed to be the bluest ones he had ever seen. The way she walked in high heels made him able to stare at her all day. Her voice, low and smooth, was a magnet to him. Jenny was the reason of his wonderful mood on that day. She was also the reason why he enjoyed his job so much. He knew it was ridiculous, but he was in love with her.

Tom came into the office and started working, waiting impatiently for her to arrive. And she did. Stunning as usual, she walked into the room and took her place. She was smiling and preparing to do her job. During lunch break, Tom asked her to join him. She agreed to Tom's delight. The chat was going pretty well, he assumed. He then decided to dare to ask her for a dinner. Jenny looked at him in total surprise.

He couldn't believe he had actually said that. He always considered himself a rather shy guy. Confused, she explained that her fiancé wouldn't be happy if she had dinner with other men. Tom's heart stopped for a moment. Then, he said to himself: 'Oh, you fool, did you really think such a marvellous woman would be single?' and started to apologise to her.

The rest of the day seemed to last forever. Tom couldn't focus on his tasks. He kept looking at her and sighing. Finally, he left home. There, depressed that he loved a woman he couldn't have, he listened to his favourite band all evening and night, skipping his meals and not answering the calls. He was about to agonise over it for three more long months until he changed his job.

Krótka historia o miłości wymyślona specjalnie dla mojej kochanej siostry z Ameryki, w której obecnie jestem