Chapter 26 - Father's Day

Start from the beginning

He loved her anyway though, even if she wasn't a size zero and six feet tall in heels.

A little impishly, Cat sneaked her hand underneath his shirt and ran it up and down the hardened muscles of Nick's stomach. "Play your cards right and maybe that won't be the only thing you'll be feeling tomorrow," she smirked and grabbed the waistband of his shorts, giving a little tug.

She was getting better at the whole flirting thing, and she was so damn proud of herself when she didn't start blushing like an idiot.

"Oh, is that so?" Nick replied, pulling her against him and pressing his lips to hers. He kissed her so deeply, his tongue yearning for hers.

Cat molded her body to his, fire and electricity mixing in her belly at the thought of what they could get up to for the remainder of the afternoon and well into the evening.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss further, the idea of Luke walking in on them just a tiny little blip in the back of her mind. He still hadn't showered after going to the gym, so maybe—

Nick was the one that came to his senses first, his brain apparently still not completely fried by the heat.

"Is Luke here?" he asked, his hands gripping the hem of her tank top and seconds away from pulling it right over her head.

"Oh, um... yes, he's... he's here—shit, I really wanted to get laid," Cat giggled, swatting his hands away from her shirt and taking a tiny step backwards, the heat of the moment ebbing away.

"There's always tonight, I can be real quiet if you can," Nick said with a sexy, devious grin on his face that made Cat—ah, there it was, that blush. Even after almost five months of dating, he could still find ways to bring it out of her.

"Anyway, um," she smiled, glancing at her bare feet in an attempt to settle the butterflies in her belly. "Luke is in his bedroom, I don't know what he's up to, he's been quiet for a while," she added.

"When did Erin drop him off this morning?" Nick asked, their conversation seeming to resume as if none of that steamy pre-sex foreplay had even happened.

Cat's whole body begged to differ.

"It was around eleven I think, before her catering thing. She's been pretty busy with all of these weddings, huh?" Cat said, clearing her throat and turning around to go grab the pitcher of lemonade. She poured herself a glass and downed almost half of it, half-whishing she'd made margaritas instead.

"Prime wedding season I guess," Nick shrugged.

"So, what do you want to do tonight? We still have some of the leftover pizza you made with Luke the other day, we could heat that up... or we could go out instead... we could do something fun," she suggested, twirling her straw around in her glass.

"We could go to the beach," Nick suggested.

"Oh! That'd be so good. Luke would love it too! We haven't gone in over a year! Last summer he was a little too young to really enjoy it," Cat grinned excitedly. "Oh! We could have a picnic!"

They had a blast at the beach, staying there until the sun started going down and it got too chilly. They had a very difficult time getting Luke out of the water, but the promise of ice cream and a movie did wonders. So they went back to Nick's apartment that evening and hung out there, putting Luke to bed after ice cream was consumed and a cute kid's movie was watched.

Nick and Cat found out first hand that staying quiet when a child was sleeping in the other room was a lot harder than they thought it was going to be. Regardless, they managed it – twice.