Chapter 19 - Talking Dirty

CHAPTER 19

CAT

"He said it?" Amanda gushed.

"Yes!" Cat gushed back.

"Holy shit, Cat." Hannah beamed.

"What did you say?" Amanda went on.

"You said it back, didn't you?" Hannah asked accusingly.

I love you.

The three little words kept repeating themselves in her head and there was no wiping the giant grin from her face as she told her two best friends all about her weekend, from the great sex they'd had repeatedly, to the first time saying that fateful L-word to one another.

She couldn't even begin to tell them how amazing she was feeling. He loved her. That wasn't even half of it though! She didn't start to sob like an idiot because he said he loved her, she started to sob because he said he also loved her son... like his own flesh and blood! God, if her friends knew she started crying in the middle of his little speech... she'd never hear the end of it!

It just meant so much more to her than Nick could ever imagine.

"Of course I said it back," Cat rolled her eyes in false exasperation, but still she still couldn't stop herself from smiling. "I do... love him, he's amazing," she gushed.

"Amazing in bed, you mean," Hannah smirked, giving Amanda's elbow a knowing nudge.

She was probably expecting Cat to go all prudish and shush them, but she surprised them both by smirking.

"That too," she giggled, feeling a blush creep up her neck and all over her cheeks, but she didn't really mind. Amanda was pregnant for God's sake, she knew about sex; and when she used to live with Hannah as a roommate, she heard her and Josh get it on more than once. "You know, there's something to be said about fucking a blind guy: he knows how to use his hands... and his mouth," she said devilishly, prompting all of the girls to burst out into fits of giggles.

"Oh my God, Cat, I can't believe you just said that!" Hannah choked on her drink.

It was the middle of the week now, a few days after getting back from her weekend on the lake with Nick. The three girls were in Amanda's living room giving each other manicures and playing with their hair like thirteen year-old middle school girls.

It wasn't all fun and games though. Amanda was actually going to do the hair and make-up for about half a dozen teenage girls next weekend for her little cousin's Quinceañera and she wanted to practice beforehand. Both Hannah and Cat had the proper length of hair for the adorable braided hairdo Amanda's aunt wanted for the girls, so Cat and Hannah were essentially acting as guinea pigs.

It meant free margaritas though – non-alcoholic for Amanda, obviously – and an afternoon away from the notes and textbooks. Honestly, that in itself was reason enough to come here. It really was a well-deserved break from all of the studying that Hannah and Cat needed to do in preparation for the finals beginning next week.

"Well, we're glad you're happy," Amanda smiled.

"Yeah girl, about damn time," Hannah agreed.

"How about you though, mama, how that little man of yours doing?" Cat asked, giving Amanda's belly a little pat.

Amanda huffed, looking down at her bump and giving the little guy growing in there a very unimpressed glower. 

"I'm only 27 weeks along and I'm already so freaking done with being pregnant... I've been getting these massive leg cramps, and I can hardly sleep on my side anymore, which was the only comfortable position... I've practically kicked Matt out of bed at this point... He's been sleeping on the couch for three days, poor guy," Amanda whined. She did something really complex with Hannah's hair and sighed in frustration. She decided it wasn't good enough and started all over again. "Cat, can you turn around so I can see the way I did it with you? I really like the way the braid turned out with your hair, Hannah's is too straight," she sighed.