"I'm sorry, Tommy. I can't make the pain go away yet. You don't deserve to have to deal with it, but you're doing so well. Please just give me ten more seconds and I promise I'll back off and let you rest."

The promise seemed impossible. It took longer than ten seconds to do just about anything, but he didn't really have a choice. Even if he managed to get off whatever table or bench he'd been set on, he doubted he could even open his eyes, let alone get to his feet to run.

"Good boy. Just take ten deep breaths and count. I swear, ten seconds."

Tommy did as told. It took all of his remaining strength to remember what came after one. Then two. Then three. Each sharp stab to his chest made his mind blur, but he refused to stop counting. He had been told to do something. It was a simple request and even hurting, he wanted to make Christopher proud.

Maybe I still... have a crush... on him. He thought as darkness flashed in and out of his mind.

"All done."

Done?

Like his body had heard the words, Tommy felt himself allow the darkness to take over.

---------------------------------------

The sound of a button being pressed every few moments made Tommy slowly wake. He hurt, like hell, but it was more in the back of his thoughts right then. He must have given me something good. The thought made he chuckle, but he could barely hear the sound with his own ears. It seemed to get someone's attention, however, because he heard shifting right beside him.

He was probably reading his Kindle... I remember seeing him with it sometimes at the club.

"How are you feeling? I gave you a decent dose of morphine after I was sure that you would be okay to sleep."

Ah, yeah. The good stuff, then.

Tommy tried to form words to answer Christopher, but his mouth wasn't quite up to the task yet. The sound of something being set down caught his attention, then the sound of Chris standing up followed.

"I've got some water for you. I want you to drink." He said as he walked away, then returned a moment later.

He really didn't want any, but he knew better than to argue. He was in no condition to decline something that would help him, and Christopher sounded like he hadn't gotten much sleep, so it was probably in his best interest to not make the guy mad. When he felt a straw gently press against his bottom lip, he began taking small, hesitant sips.

"Someone finally came and told me what happened. They are probably going to fire Carter, or at least put him on extended leave, for missing the knife in his arrest. The guy was a high level dealer..." He added, growling the last part.

If the man had been brought all the way into the prison, through the metal detector, he wouldn't have gotten a chance to use his weapon. He would have been tackled the second he went for it.

"And you. I'm mad as hell that you went outside to get the guy just because Carter needed to take a piss."

Tommy felt his lips drop into a frown. It wasn't against protocol to do such a thing, but it definitely wasn't common. He had figured that Carter had checked the man sufficiently enough. He'd made a mistake.

"As' jus' try--" A finger firmly pressed against his lips once the straw was removed.

When it didn't move immediately, Tommy felt his heart flutter faintly just beneath his injury. He could also feel the morphine pumping through his system, or at least its' after effects... because he never would have pressed a soft kiss to the finger pressed against his lips if he wasn't under some kind of influence.

"Thank 'ou... M'ster 'ristopher."

He wanted to show his thanks. Not just because he felt the man's anger through his simple, gentle touch, but he owed the man his life. Sure, it was his job to save people, but it somehow felt more personal than that.

Probably because I have a damn crush on him... still.

The thought made his brow furrow slightly and he turned his head. Christopher's finger slowly moved over his cheek with the motion, but Tommy tried to ignore it as he focused on working his eyes open. The lids of them felt like lead and refused to lift at all.

"Shhh." Christopher whispered as the rest of his fingers moved to press against Tommy's warm skin, immediately settling any of his previous nerves, only to create double the amount.

After a minute Christopher withdrew his hand, chuckling. "You're making the heart monitor go crazy."

Heart monitor?

The beeping suddenly became very loud in his ears, when it hadn't even been noticeable before. Tommy felt his face heat with embarrassment. He finally had all of Christopher's attention, and he really wanted the man to just back away for a minute so that he could regain his composure and not seem like a fool.

I want to go home and curl up under my blankets. He thought, then realized something.

"When 'an I go 'ome?" He managed to get out, the words strangled by his sore throat and exhaustion.

"Home? Not a chance. You're here for at least a week before I clear you to go anywhere."

A week!

"Don't even think about arguing. Those are doctor's orders and I've already submitted them, so you better submit to them, Tommy, because I will tie you to my bed if I have to."

His bed?

He knew that the man had a bed in the room behind a curtain that he used for overnight shifts or overtime, besides the small gurneys employees got who came in injured or sick, but...

I'm in 'his' bed? He thought, suddenly realizing the soft comforter settled comfortably beneath him and the scent of Christopher all around him. He only had a light sheet over his body, but he didn't doubt that it was because of the injury on his chest that he got nothing heavier.

"Now be a good boy and go to sleep. I have to go do rounds in wards five and six. You best be asleep when I come back."

Tommy kept his mouth shut as he heard Christopher leaving. He wanted to tell him not to order him around, because that had definitely been an order, but he knew that saying that would do no good. Christopher was a dominant and he rarely listened to other people complain.

You aren't dead and the pain isn't as bad as it was. Be glad you have a bed, morphine... and an angel looking after you.

With those thoughts, Tommy managed a small pained smile and allowed his body to relax into sleep.

(Soooo, I wanted to ask if you guys had any ideas for future chapters of this story. I don't plan out my stories and think it would be interesting to see what you guys think should happen. (besides the obvious pervy stuff XD) Had a daydream or dream you wanna see playout? A new location or interest you want them to participate in? I might use a few ideas or mash them together :P Either way! You guys can totally get behind each others' ideas too lol Your conversation are quite epic :D)