Being found, but still scarred- chapter 18- Just thinking about it:

Chapter 18:

Just thinking about it:

Marney POV:

I had barely slept at all last night, the ball was playing on my mind. I was so nervous, I would have to be around so many people. People I didn't even know, people who didn't know me. I was going to have to talk to these people, interact with them. I wouldn't know what to say or do. How to act around them. This was going to be the biggest thing I had ever done, and I was scared. Scared of what they were going to think of me, what they say about me. If they knew about my past, if they would talk about it. If they saw my scars, what would they think?

What would they think of me?

Blake POV:

The castle was buzzing. The preparations for the ball were in full swing, had been for the last 3 days. Every part of the castle was filled with life, workers were every where; hanging decorations, cleaning, cooking and telling people where to put things. The castle not smelt good, but looked good too. I was happy helping out. Even my dad was happier than normal. My mum was happy too, she saw all of children enjoying themselves and preparing for the ball. She was especially enjoying spending time with Marney, helping her with her nerves and what she was going to have to say.

Willow was excited she wasn't usually allowed to come to the bigger events such as the balls. She was busy twirling and playing dress up and pretending to be older. Her face was always smiling, her eyes lit up. And Arabella was in her element trying out different looks and being spoilt by some of the staff. She had gone in to over time on the whole ball, instructing staff on where to put things. Checking guest lists and even making sure the grounds were picturesque. She wanted everything to be perfect. But on the hand Marney was quiet, she didn't try to take control. She was to scared to do anything. Her nerves were controlling her. She hadn't smiled once, not even at the thought of Caleb being her date.

This would be the biggest event of the year, for the long lost princess would be announced to the world. The media would be inside and outside of the castle. It was being broadcasted everywhere. It was a world wide event. And the pressure was high, especially on Marney. It was her first ever appearance in the public's eyes. No wonder she was shy, she didn't grow up in front of the world. Me, Arabella and Willow had always been in front of the public or on the news. She didn't know how to deal with it, like we did.

And tonight was the big night, the ball. It was going to be manic. But I was taking it all in my stride, I had nothing to worry about. I wasn't going to go over the top like my sister, Arabella. She was going way over the top. She had booked a day at the spa for herself, Marney and our mother.

They would spend most of the day there, then come home and start getting ready. Doing their hair, make-up and nails. Not that Marney would be happy about that. All she wanted to was hide and forget all about the ball. I was worried, I had admit. We were all worried. She would be okay, hopefully.

Marney POV:

I awoke to light flooding into the room, I remembered closing the curtains; but now they were open. Weird. I thought I had told the maid not to come in and open them in the mornings. I yawn and stretch my arms at the same time. Not remembering what was happening tonight. I yawn again, sleep still making me foggy. If only I could just try to sleep again, but I wouldn't be able to.

“Wake up sleepy!” A shouting Arabella says, as she crashes into the room. She looks at me, “Oh you're already awake.” “Yeah, so you have to be so loud? Its first thing in the morning,” I ask her. “Yeah I do. Well get ready were going out, it's a surprise,” she tells me joyfully. “Where? and why,” I ask again. “Not telling, but get ready. And hurry up about it we are going soon. It's me, you and mum,” she smiles at me. Oh god, I think to myself, this had better not be a shopping trip. “It doesn't involve shopping does it?” I ask. “No, well maybe like one shop,” she says looking at me; I give her a look as if to say no, “Okay maybe no shopping then.”