~Chapter twenty~

~💔~🙏🏻~⭐️
We're unsure which pain
is worse.
The shock of
what happened
or the ache for what
never will.

-Unknown
⭐️~🙏🏻~💔

Standing in a spacious field, surrounded by flowers of many sorts allows for my mind to completely clear of any unwanted burden; the term 'peaceful' springing to mind. A sea of red roses sits perfectly to my right, with the occasional white popping though in the form of giant daisies. Their petals radiate floral scents, each one pinching my nose as I lower my body to the ground, positioning myself in a bed of flowers. My white, floaty dress spreads out beneath my weight and although subjecting myself to Mother Nature herself, never once do I get dirt on the clean linen. The pink belt that sits perfectly under my bust offers the outfit a splash of colour, yet is subtle enough in its statement to convey class.

"Amelia." sounds the honey glazed voice that I've been longing to hear for an unknown amount of time now. "Baby girl, where are you?"

The cloudless sky begins to churn before my very eyes, the ever darkening clouds thickening the more I attempt to speak.

"Mom."

I try to yell but my voice is a mere whisper, stopping anyone stood further than a metre away from hearing me. I try again, only this time my voice is muffled, almost as if I'm being held under water.

"Mom, mom!"

I see her.

Long locks of beautiful caramel fill my line of vision and a feeling of safety washes over me. Her ice blue eyes sparkle under the suns natural glow and her skin, although pale, holds a healthy blush.

"Amelia, my sweetheart." she whispers, closing in on me, yet gaining distance at the same time.

I struggle to keep up with her and begin to frantically scream when loosing sight of her becomes inevitable.

"No, please! Let me see her! Mom, mom! Don't leave me, don't leave us. Why did you leave us? Why?"

••••

"Amelia, sweetheart, can you hear me?"

The familiar sound of a much deeper voice startles me from my sleep, waking me up from what can only be described as a vivid nightmare. Hannah is positioned at my bedrooms doorway with a solemn face to match her stiff body and Jack is all but smothering me as he towers over my heavily sweating body. His concerned gaze levels with my own as it come into focus and the sudden tightening of my chest makes it almost impossible to breath.

"I can't-I can't breathe-"

My statement is abruptly cut off mid sentence due to strong arms being wrapped firmly around my shoulders, each one forcing me into an nonconsensual hug.

Holy shit balls with cheese on top! Jack is hugging me.

Resembling that of a limp fish, I ungracefully allow my arms to sag by my side, hating how unnatural his body feels pressed to mine and how incapable I am in seeking comfort from it. He's my Dad for pity's sake, why can't he make me feel better?