Chapter Thirty-Two: Connecting Futures

Alazne

”Wow you’re amazing,” Josh breathed onto my cheek. His head was relaxing on my shoulder. He was holding up his tablet in one hand in the air so we both could see, and another was holding mine. “I want to want to see it again.”

            “No more,” I said, my cheeks blazing at the idea of watching Kathryn’s Vlog again.  My hand tightened around his warm hands to stop him from replaying the video.

            Josh laughed, and placed his tablet down beside him on the bed. Shifting on his queen-size bed, he propped himself up on his elbow and stared at me. “Then should we practice?”

            “What?” My breath was heavy. Is he asking if we could kiss? I was still memorized by out kiss in the hallway, where he kissed me so passionately I thought it was all a dream.  That it was just a weird fantasy of mine.

            “Your poem,” he chuckled. Blood swarmed to my cheeks. I quickly covered my face with my hands and rolled onto my side away from him. Did he know what I was thinking?

            “I can’t take you seriously after the kiss,” I blurted, a giggle came out of my lips. “I just can’t.”

            “Why not, Alana?” he continued to tease, his hands curling around my waist and drawing my back to his chest. I sucked in my stomach, conscious about his presence over my body.  “Did I take your breath away?”  His head snuggled into neck, and he planted sweet kisses upon them towards my jaw line.

            “N-no,” I attempted to brush off his comment, though the idea made my stomachs fill with dancing butterflies, and rainbows fill my head, I couldn’t make me lips go down and stop that idiotic smile of mine.

            “Then what is it?” he asked, bringing his hands down to my midsection. I laughed harder. I felt ten times ticklish than I ever thought was possible. “Why are you laughing?”

            “Be-because,” I turned around, my hands naturally soughing out his neck. “You’re such a tease.”

            He stopped, and peered down at me before planting a delicious kiss upon my lips. My hands raked through his hair, unable to handle the distance between us.

            “We should,” Josh said, breaking away from the kiss to get some air. “Practice a bit.”

            “We will.”

            The tip of his lips twitched upward. “Now or else I can guarantee we’ll never get around practicing.” His hand brushed along my hair, and cupped my cheek. “Unless you want to continue, that is, because I’m okay, no fine with both.” He pressed his lips on my temple.

            I blushed, comprehending the entire situation. How close we were, and how…  “Practice,” I squeaked, finally. “That sounds good.”

            “That sounds like a brilliant idea,” he kissed me again, only lighter and shorter than the others, but still left me breathless.

            “I thought you said that if we continued…”

            “Smart girl,” he commented, and rolled himself off the bed. He tugged at the hem of his shirt, and ran his fingers through his newly tousled hair. He looked like a mess, a real hot mess. My head heated up at that idea.

            I combed my tangled-heap that I call hair with my fingers wondering how I looked. Did I look like a wreck?

            “Did you already memorize it?” He inquired, extending his hand towards me. I grasped it, and allowed him to guide me off the bed.