Chapter 1

By the way, the italic words are thoughts. Just so ya know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zane

I jerked awake, my eyes flaring open.

My heart seemed to be beating a thousand miles per hour. I quickly sat up and looked around, pulling my knees up to my chest. I could feel tears prickling at the corners of my eyes, and I wrapped my arms around myself. I was in my own bed, in my own room, in my own house. Your fine. Your fine, everything's alright, nothing to worry about. Shadows danced across the familiar grey walls. No. No I'm not fine.

They're just dreams! Just... Just dreams...

Tears started to drip down my cheeks. Why was this happening? I haven't cried in years. My grip tightened.

A sudden song made my heart jump up into my throat. My phone went off, that's all. Who would even want to text me? Especially at this time... I picked it up from my bedside table. It showed that it was 8:47 AM. Oh. I read the text.

Aphmau Gurl: Morning Zane! I was wondering if u wanna do a mini game?

I pause, my fingers hovering over the screen. My mask was starting to get wet with my stupid salty tears.

Zane the Antisocial Potato: Sure, who's going to be there?

Aphmau Gurl: Katelyn, Laurence, Travis, Aaron, me, and u.

Zane the Antisocial Potato: Time?

Aphmau Gurl: Noon-ish? So we can maybe go out 2 eat or something. Meet at my place, got it? I'll see u later!

"It better not be one of those fanfiction readings again..." I said aloud. My throat was sore. Great. Thanks allergies.

I took a few deep breaths, the flood gates in my eyes slowly closing. I swung my legs over the side of my bed and walked over to the bathroom connected to my room. I flipped on the light switch, squinting my eyes in the sudden bright light. I leaned onto the counter, taking off my now slightly wet mask.

Scowling at my reflection, I turned the handle of the faucet, bending down to splash water on my face. I looked up again, rubbing my eyes.

My hair was sticking to my cheeks due to the tears flowing down them. My eyes (er...eye) were bloodshot, and had major bags underneath them. I took more deep breaths, my heart slowing down from it's original Olympic sprinting speed.

I grabbed a hand towel, wiping the water off my face. I brushed back the hair covering my right eye, and dropped the towel in my other hand in surprise. I blink a few times to see if I was starting to hallucinate from lack of sleep.

A giant scar ran across my right eye, starting from the top of my eyebrow and ending near the bottom of my ear. Impossible. I've never had a scar there! I racked my brains thinking how this could even be the slightest bit possible.

Did he do this?

He never even touched me! Wait, stop thinking that he's a real person. He's just a figment of your imagination, stupid. You can't blame him for this.