Such a Romantic

SATURDAY

Adam rolled over to find the bed empty, he could hear the music playing softly in the living room, he grabbed a shirt and went in search of Kim.

He leaned on the half wall, smiling as Kim was obviously in full baby proofing mode. He had to laugh as she worked to ensure that Braden would be safe in her apartment.

"Hey baby.." Adam smiled when she finally turned to face him, "I think the apartment is safe, the kid doesn't even walk yet"

"I know..it's silly but I just want to make sure he's safe while he's here" Kim shrugged as she moved the stack of books from the bottom of the entertainment center, "can you set the pack and play up in my bedroom, I'd do it but it's heavy"

Adam glared at her, "You're not supposed to lift things, babe"

Kim rolled her eye, "it's fine, I'm fine"

Adam moved the pack and play into the bedroom and set it up in the corner of the bedroom, and returned to find Kim unpacking toys, "You bought him toys? He's staying for the weekend Kim, not moving in" he teased as he plopped on the couch and grabbed the police car she'd purchased, he pushed the button and activated the lights and sirens, "well, this one is pretty cool" he shrugged.

"If you behave I'll buy you one for your birthday" she teased, she tossed the foam blocks into the laundry basket, "I just want him to have fun..I love him, Adam."

"Babe, he loves you too and he'll have fun" Adam reassured her, "I just hope I get to have some fun" he wiggled his eyebrows.

She picked up a block from the basket and tossed it at him, "Adam, you're a mess!" She sauntered over towards him, "but I love you anyway" she whispered as she captured his lips in a kiss.

LATER THAT NIGHT

Kim was pacing around the small living room, "Kim..sit down, you're making me nervous" Adam said as he focused on the television an episode of Cold Case playing out before him, "they said six and it's just quarter to. I'm sure they'll be here soon"

"I know I'm just nervous" Kim sat next to him draping her legs over his, "Thank you for staying with me."

He wrapped his arm around her, and kissed her temple, "Nowhere else I'd want to be, plus it'll be practice" he could see her eyes twinkle as she processed what he said, "you heard right" he laughed, "I want lots of babies with you, preferably all boys"

Kim turned to face him, "I want that too...not lots" she giggled, "but a few" she reached up to kiss him, she could feel his hand slip underneath her shirt.

"Shit" Adam muttered when the doorbell rang, he rested his forehead against hers, "guess we'd have to get used to being interrupted if we're gonna have kids" he teased.

Kim flew off the couch in a flash and practically squealed when she found Vince, Monica, and Braden on the other side of the door, "Yay!" She clapped, "come on in"

Monica smiled and Vince went and found Adam, "Ruzek, how's it going?" Vince shook his hand.

"It's good, my girl has been chomping at the bit for him to get here" he laughed as he pointed at Kim who had already had Braden in her arms, the little boy playing with the earrings dangling from Kim's ears. Adam was certain his heart would burst at the sight before him.