Adam's POV

Fat droplets are falling down on the windows. I can't wait to have the night with Janine. I planned on asking every detail of her life and her plans for the future. My alarm sounded indicating that it's my time to be off the office. I arranged my things and made my way out.

I'm heading to Janine's place but the flood is rising. While the stoplight is still in the color of blood, I called her. She didn't answer after a few rings. I tried again but to no avail, she still haven't answered even a single ring. I tried my last attempt as the light changed to green.

"Hello?" She answered softly

"Why are you not answering my calls? Damn it Janine!!" I shouted.

"I'm sorry. I didn't noticed that someone needs me" she yelled back.

"Woman, why are you shouting??"

"What?" She shouted again

"Where are you" I growled.

"Somewhere away from you. Where I can't feel the stuff I'm having" she shouted again. What is she talking about? I thought she agreed to the plan laid earlier this morning.

"Where. Are. You" I growled again.

"I told you somewhere you don't know!!! Somewhere far away from you!!" She screamed.

"Answer me properly. Where. Are. You"

"Somewhere I can't have these feelings"

"What feelings are you talking about?" I shouted over my phone.

"Crazy feelings" She sobbed.

Wait, is she crying?

"Are you crying?" I asked softly.

"Yes? No." She said.

"Listen carefully. Stay where you are"

"Why? Will you find me? Well, if you have the intention to do so, no thank you because I don't want to be found, okay? I wanna be lost 'til the depths of the earth" she stated

"No. Why would I even find you? Of course, I won't find you" I said as I turned off the call.

Janine's POV

Adam just called me minutes ago but I'm still struck. His last words shattered my chest. I knew he's not going to find me. Why would he? I'm just a nobody. He asked me where am I. Honestly, I don't know where I am but I don't want to appear and sound like a lost five year old child either. I want to prove that I'm a grown up woman already. I went out of my car started walking away from it. Fortunately, the rain had already stopped. I adjusted my eyes to the darkness and tried to scan the environment. My surroundings are very eerie. I suddenly feel so alone and spooky. I keep my hands to myself trying to warm my insides. Tall trees that covered the sunlight (if there's still sunlight), no lights, so cold, no pavements, no way to get out and no one's here. Suddenly, I heard a rustle from behind me.

"Hell--o? I--is somebody there?" I shouted

A broken twig answered me. Something's wrong here. Dozens of pictures flashed before my mind consuming me to fright. Who is out here? A kidnapper? A killer? Whooo??? Another sound of a broken twig pulled me out of my hazy thoughts. I stiffened as I felt something warm behind my back.

"Hey"

It deeply whispered. I shouted but a hand covered my mouth. My instincts told me to run but my feet were glued. I tried to wiggle out of the tight grasp but it did no avail. I tried my impromptu plan B -- to bite the hand. On the count of three. One, two, three!! I opened my mouth and bit it. It drew back instantly as my teeth collided with each other with his or her skin in between. I immediately ran but I clashed on a tree.