epilogue

DRIVE
HALSEY

all we do is drive
all we do is think about the feelings that we hide
all we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign
sick and full of pride

ONE YEAR.

One year still on the look for Pietro. There still has been no trace of evidence of him anywhere. Sam Wilson─recently has been added to the Avengers like Wanda herself. He was doing some research trying to find a long lost friend of Steve─Bucky Barnes, well known as The Winter Solider. The Slovakian asked Steve, and Sam a favor the day after finding about her brother still alive and breathing. The two men happily agreed to do so.

The brunette was starting to become impatient. In need to know her brothers whereabouts she was beginning to become skeptical about the letter. Was it really Pietro who wrote that letter? Is he really alive? Could H.Y.D.R.A be behind all this?

These questions will always flow through her mind, till the day she finds out the truth. However, she may not be ready for the truth. Wanda does not want to be hurt once again; being disappointed at the discovery that upholds her. She just hopes this will not be a waste of her time. A waste of her energy looking for someone that isn't even there.

Yet, a part if her feels his presence. Just like he's right around the corner, like he is watching over her. She feels like he could just be behind her, turning around to see if he is. However, with one swift movement and he could be gone.

Still a hole in her heart at the thought of not seeing her brother. The letter and the knowings of her brother keeps her at night. Unable to get a bit a sleep. The Avengers worry about Wandas health. Becoming sleep deprived, and yet hardly still eating. They feel as if they should be more cautious and more aware of Wandas well being than ever before. Even more when they all thought Pietro was dead.

Everyone was in the kitchen discussing of the next movie night coming up. A way to try and cheer up Wanda; take her mind off of Pietro. Though, each and every one of them knows it won't. The brunette; sitting on her bed, looking out the window, seeing the sun set. Colors of a tropical sherbet ice cream, warm, soothing colors. "I will find you Pietro." She breathed, as she continued to watch the day get darker and die out, into a new day.

─────────

His hands trembled, breath becoming shaky as he read and every single word. Her letters seemed to keep him sane and calm, no matter how sad, depressed his sister felt. Reading the memorable childhood memories made the white haired man smile, bring tears to his eyes. Wanting to go back to the simple days with his mother, father and twin sister.

He folded the letters neatly back to the way they were and into their envelopes. Placing them to his side. Sniffling, using his sleeve to wipe his nose. "I will soon reunite with you, Sister." He breathed, looking out the window of an abandoned building in Lagos, seeing the moon and stars shining bright.

─────────

NOTE.| I. Can't. Believe. It.
This is my FIRST BOOK to be COMPLETED. I feel so accomplished. I want to say thank yo for your votes and comments. I know how sad and depressing this book was, however, this showed a different side of Wanda in my opinion. We have seen her sad and hurt, but this brought a whole new side of her.
But I do hope you enjoyed.
Thank you xx 💖