i'm sorry

RIP TO MY YOUTH

THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

tell my sister don't cry and don't be sad
i'm in paradise with dad.

I'M SORRY.

     SHE WEPT AND WEPT
every night since last week. Hardly leaving her bed and when she did so, it was only to use the bathroom. Barely ate anything brought to her new room in the tower. Hardly says a word to anyone since the incident, she felt alone; lost, and misunderstood. Every morning, afternoon, and night, she would walk and see his empty grave, an empty coffin. She didn't know how much she handle this, grief over his unexpected death. She felt as if it was her fault, she allowed him to go. If she was to be by his side, she could have saved him.

"This is my fault Pietro, I could have saved you." sniffing as she read the same words on his tomb stone over and over again.  Wanda knelt down next to the tombstone, "Remember whenever one of us felt down ─ before every thing of HYDRA, the bombing ─ we would bake each other bábovka, to cheer the other up." She cracked a small smile, remembering the good memories they had, her smile grew as another memory came in. "You would always fail on baking the bábovka, almost burning the apartment down, so you would go down the the market across the street to buy one." Laughs erupted from her, how she dearly missed those days. However, as soon as she realized they were now just memories from the past; her smile, her laugh faded. Pain, misery, sorrow rushed in; tears once again formed in her eyes ─ making her blue eyes look glassy, they redden as she tried to fight back the tears. "I'm sorry." Wanda quickly stood up, brushing off any dirt on her jeans, patting down any wrinkles made onto her clothing. Turning around heading back to the tower, but a large figure stopped her. She recognized the cologne; shifting her attention upwards to face the familiar figure. Meeting up with a pair of blue eyes, with a hint of green.

"It's never easy to lose someone you love. I would know."

"I didn't just love this someone, they understood me. Pietro made me feel as I wasn't lost, lonely. Through all the experiments and horrible missions, he always told me everything would be okay." Wanda stopped the eye contact, crossing her arms, staring down at the grass. "Will it ever go away? Steve?" The girls voice began to crack, she felt weak and broken every time she spoke. "It will, everyone has their ways to grieve, you have to just lick your wounds a certain way until they are healed."

"Thank you." As she began to walk towards the tower.

"Try and write letters."

Wanda stopped in her tracks; knitted her brows in confusion, letters? for what?

"They can help you redeem yourself, flood the letters with wonderful, bad memories you have had with Pietro or just by yourself. Write things you have always wanted to tell him but never did." Steve explained to the girl.

"Your letters of redemption."

The second she stepped into the towers, she immediately ran up to her room, ignoring anyone and everything surrounding her. Sitting on her bed, debating either to follow Steve's advice on writing the letters or not. She knew she would cry as she wrote, laugh, pull at her roots; as the papers fill with words she never said to him or memories when they were children. A deep breath past her lips, closing her eyes. Throughly thinking, would it be the best thing to do? Or would this be a waste of her time?

Not long before she was sitting at her desk, blank piece of paper and a pen at her side. The paper, yearning to be filled with scribbles, words. Wanda picked up the pen, pressed it onto the paper and began:

Dear brother,