Eleven

All I could see from the airplane window was palm trees and water, meaning we had finally reached Florida.

I kept my eyes glued to the window, as I had for the whole 3 hour ride. As the plane slowly got lower and lower to the ground, I checked my phone to see if Connor had texted me, only then realizing that I was in fact on a plane and my phone was on airplane mode. Amazed at my stupidity, i threw my phone into my travel bag that was on my lap and patiently waited until the plane completely landed.

"We have arrived in sunny sunshine Florida, this weeks forecast is sun, sun and more sun!" The squeaky stewardess said over the speaker.

"Now if Florida is home for you, than welcome back! And if it isn't than we hope you enjoy your stay and thank you for flying AirCanada!"

It took the plane a few more minutes before it came to a complete stop. When it did, everyone stood up and began pyling off the plane. I was one of the last, as my seat was the second last row.

I walked down the aisle and gave a 'thank you' to the stewardesses and pilot before walking down the tunnel and into the Florida airport.

I immediately became discombobulated. I've never been to the Florida airport, let alone by myself, so I had no idea where to go.

I than noticed an old couple that sat a few rows infront of me on the flight making there way towards the south side of the airport. I decided to follow in hopes that they would led me to where Connor would be.

We walked past many terminals and souvenir shops before finally reaching a large escalator. As soon as I stepped onto it and it began to move down, I saw Connor standing towards the baggage carrier.

A smile formed on my lips as I watched him scan the moving escalator closely, before he noticed me and returned the smile. He took his hands out of his pockets and began moving towards the escalator.

As soon as I reached the bottom, I hoped off and ran on over too him, jumping into his arms. It wasn't like a scene from a romantic movie or anything, but as soon as I felt his embrace, it sure felt like one.

He was warm, very warm, as the Florida sun will do to you. I pulled my head out of his neck and gave him a long kiss, realizing how burnt his face was.

"How was the flight?" He said as he licked his lips.

He let me down to the ground and immediately wrapped his hand in mine as we headed toward the baggage claim. "Good actually, I'm starving though". I replied

He let out a soft chuckle as we came to a stop and waited for my luggage to come around the baggage claim.

"We'll get some food in you". He said as he gently placed a kiss on my cheek.

I once again couldn't contain my smile, and I'm sure Connor noticed as he squeezed my hand tightly. I drew my attention away from him and to the baggage claim, where my purple suitcase was coming from.

I walked over to grab it, forgetting how heavy it was. As soon as I placed it on the ground and began to pull out the handle, Connor came and took it for me, indicating he would carry it out for me.

He wrapped his free hand in mine as I intwined my arm around his biceps. We then began our walk towards the parking lot where Connors family's rental car was.

As soon as we got outside, I was blinded by the Florida sun and humidity, flinching slightly. I was greatful I wouldn't be spending much time outside the next few days as I wasn't here for a vacation, but for Connor and his future career.

I began thinking and wondering about the draft once again, until I heard Connors voice.

"Dyl, Mitch and the boys might come to dinner with us later tonight, is that okay?" Connor said.

"The boys?" I replied.

"Yeah, like Jack, Lawson and Noah, the other prospects, if you don't want too co-"

"No, no, Connor it's fine." I let out a soft laugh. "That would be fun." I said, giving him a reassuring smile.

He looked relieved that I was fine with it, for some strange reason, but nonetheless I was exited to see Dylan and Mitch, especially Dylan. I havnt seen much of him in a long time and I'm happy to be here for him too.

Before I knew it we were at the red rental car and Connor had already poped the trunk for my luggage.

As soon as I opened the door the smell of a brand new car hit me. It's a strange and comforting smell, but so is Connors aroma, which soon overthrew the fresh car smell as he sat in the drivers seat and began the car.

We pulled out of the airport and hit the sunny Florida highway, headed to the hotel before a much needed dinner.

Hey guys! I just wanted to say thanks so much for reading this book! I'm sorry I haven't updated in awhile but it's summer vacation here and I'm traveling a lot, I just got back from Greece and I am leaving for Ireland in a few days, but I'll try to update as much as I can! Thanks so much!! Xx